What are your player behavior rules in F2F games?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
"The GM can be bribed with snacks and drinks," is not so bad a table rule. :p
I've done well over the years with "The DM might be bribed with snacks and drinks..."; which neatly gets me off the hook when the bribes don't have any effect.

Yes, I'm evil. :)

Buffalo was often on tour routes, from what I recall. Pretty much a straight shot between Cleveland and Buffalo, then to points east or west depending on where you're coming from.

I dont recall any of those bands so either was well before my time or just never heard of them. Buffalo used to have a pretty big music scene. Think it still might but I dont go out much or follow any bands like I used to. Besides the obvious, Rick James and the Goo Goo Dolls, Cannibal Corpse, Green Jell-O, Talas (Billy Sheean) and Ani Difranco are from Buffalo.

If I ever get back to playing in person, I might have to yoink this rule! Been enjoying a goat cheese cheddar of late.

2) Bring an exciting new cheese and your character gets a bonus action point

R_J_K75

Legend
Buffalo was often on tour routes, from what I recall. Pretty much a straight shot between Cleveland and Buffalo, then to points east or west depending on where you're coming from.
Going through Cleveland, Toronto, or NYC its a pretty good chance you'll pass through Buffalo. A lot of good bands come through here for being a relatively small market, plus I made a few trips to Cleveland and Toronto too to see bands. I've been lucky that were pretty central in that respect.

Emirikol

Adventurer
No electronics at the table. Need to text or take a call? Step away. Dont know how to use a pencil or just wanna use pirated books on your lappie'? Then this group isn't for you.
We heavily vet players and decide as a group.
Lastly, we are busy professionals and arent your flipping therapist: leave your personal baggage at home or save it for after the game.

Not really rules, but what does make a great table is...
  • Be present and in the moment
  • Have fun, but not at another's expense
  • Encourage others when they roleplay
  • Share the limelight

nevin

Hero
my games are mostly with friends.
1 show up.
2. try not to interrupt other people or tell them what to do (advice is fine)
3. be willing to share the limelight.
4. have fun, and if for some reason you can't don't ruin everyone else's fun.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
"The GM can be bribed with snacks and drinks," is not so bad a table rule. :p
As a starving college student at early 90s University of Florida I straight up had a food item/XP gain chart written out.

Soooo many Little Caesars bread sticks... (There was a location in the student center we played at).

Remove ads