D&D 5E What big thing is supposed to be next week?

Imperialus

Explorer
meh. So edition warring will have official sanction now.

I wish them the best, but I think my tastes in gaming are far enough removed from the 3rd ed/4th ed hybrid that I'm sure will emerge I'm not exactly jumping up and down with excitement.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
More importantly, WotC is now following paizo's lead on fan involvement in development. The student has become the teacher.
Colour me underwhelmed, I am not too sure I can work much interested in a new edition of D&D even an open beta. The details of the announcement will be interesting. How long is the open beta? what will happen to 4e and DDI support?
The biggest downside would be the flamewars will begin all over again as the various side try to get their issues addressed.

LurkAway

First Post
More importantly, WotC is now following paizo's lead on fan involvement in development. The student has become the teacher.
After all the numerous threads about improving D&D (there must be dozens and dozens: Dear Monte, L&L feedback threads, etc.) and more geek hours invested than I could possibly want to imagine, I think I'd personally be too exhausted to contribute my two cents directly to WoTC and perhaps others feel the same?

So who volunteers to trawl through thousands of pages to produce 'The Best of Enworld's 5E suggestions?' :)

Ranes

Adventurer
Interesting that WotC are conducting this experiment but I can't help thinking of the equation:

Camel = Horse + Committee

Seems most likely to result in a design that appeals to the lowest common denominator. Quite the opposite of how the original game was conceived and developed.

Still, will follow with interest and participate, if possible and if, as the article suggests, it's more than an open beta.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases