D&D 5E What big thing is supposed to be next week?

IronWolf

blank
What's the embargo story/history?

News was not supposed to be posted until 10am eastern today. Then the NYT went ahead and posted ahead of other media channels under an NDA. And the WotC article makes it look like they might have known that NYT would be posting early.

caudor

Adventurer
I wonder how many people will be selling off 4e stuff on eBay.

I wonder what this means for DDI?

I suppose someone should create a post-news dicussion thread.

Dausuul

Legend
Well, I don't care what y'all think. I'm excited. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Mike and Monte have for us.

So who volunteers to trawl through thousands of pages to produce 'The Best of Enworld's 5E suggestions?' :)

I do! ...Funny how everybody's suggestions seem to line up perfectly with what I want out of 5E. :)

Last edited:

LurkAway

First Post
I do! Funny how everybody's suggestions seem to line up perfectly with what I want out of 5E. :)
Great, then I nominate you to produce the Best of Enworld's 5E Suggestions. However, I warn you, I will withdraw my nomination if you dare to add potion helmets to the mix ;)

William Ronald

Explorer
OK, OK. I'll talk. It's close enough to the deadline.

It's a Hot Italian Beef miniatures set.

There. I've said it.

n1494423271_390599_4497892.jpg

Someone does have a question:

20081210171539!Gollum.jpg

"Are they tasty, my precioussss?"

On a more serious note, I think that the move to have playtesting of a new "iteration" of Dungeons and Dragons is a wise move. Feedback is important. (I remember playing an early version of 3.0 at one Gen Con... which helped sell me on the edition.)

Remove ads