What book would you like to see become a movie/mini-series?

Mad_Jack

Legend
Just finished reading Seanan Mcguire's Sparrow Hill Road... It's a really interesting take on the hitchhiking ghost story, and if they got a good writer for the screenplay they could definitely do a very entertaining movie.

MarkB

Legend
Bujould's Vorkosigan series would be a lot of fun. There might be too much in Miles head though
I'd love to see that. Miles tends to have a lot of other characters to bounce off, and he does like to show off, at least in his younger appearances, so it'd only take a mild ramping-up of expository dialogue to air his thoughts on most occasions.

I haven't thought about that series in years, but I remember enjoying it. It could certainly work as a TV series, with the number of books that came out giving ample source material.

not that we need another vampire series but P.N. Elrod's 1920's vampire series would be fun

Lies of Locke Lamora would be a good candidate; its magic isn't that flamboyant, there aren't dragons. It does suffer from the same issue as GoT, that the books aren't finished. Something that, in the face of the reception of the finale of GoT, probably has contributed to the setbacks plaguing the Kingkiller Chronicle TV series.

A Song for Arbonne
Lies of Locke Lamora
Red Rising and the next two books

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I haven't thought about that series in years, but I remember enjoying it. It could certainly work as a TV series, with the number of books that came out giving ample source material.

Lies of Locke Lamora would be a good candidate; its magic isn't that flamboyant, there aren't dragons. It does suffer from the same issue as GoT, that the books aren't finished. Something that, in the face of the reception of the finale of GoT, probably has contributed to the setbacks plaguing the Kingkiller Chronicle TV series.
I wouldn't even go past book 1. There is no need to. Just end it there.

Yora

Legend
I'd love to see The City of Dreaming Books done with puppetry. Don't care which kind, but this story can only look right with puppets. Animation or CG monsters won't do it.

Dausuul

Legend
The Earthsea Trilogy. (No, the miniseries from 2004 does not count.)

And I'll pre-emptively say the remaining Sandman books, assuming Netflix pulls its usual move and cancels after one season.

Edit: Never mind, I was wrong. Sandman season 2 was just greenlit! Can't wait to see it.

Last edited:

Remove ads