What books unrelated to TTRPGs are the most useful to you for TTRPGs?

I'm basing my opinion solely on my personal experiences over the last 20 years.
Sure, but the biggest lack of "common sense" is centered on people who are currently aged about 50 to 65, in my experience, and it's much more severe than anything seen in 20-somethings (who have always lacked common sense to some extent, for the very obvious reason that they're young and foolish). So if we're saying that there's some sort of issue today with teaching, I think we have to ask what the issue with teaching was in '70s and '80s. Maybe it was the same one - rote learning - I know it was an issue in the '70s. Maybe the 1990s were a brief of oasis of actually teaching critical thinking? Getting off-topic though.

Stormonu

Legend
After I read your post I went to Wikipedia's front page and there is some pretty cool stuff there. On this day, article of the day, did you know, etc., never checked it before but might be worth bookmarking as a homepage. I then searched for Wikipedia in Wikipedia's search engine, even if it was going to destroy the space time continuum, it was a chance I was willing to take. Gave a good explanation of how information is collected, vetted and even the processes shortcomings.
Wikipedia and TVTropes are a great starting points for knowledge. The former as a helpful primer, the latter for good adventure design.

Remove ads