D&D 4E What Campaign Settings would you like to see for 4e?

What Campaign Settings do you want for 4e? (pick all that apply)

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 99 40.9%
  • Eberron

Votes: 114 47.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 101 41.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 116 47.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 55 22.7%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 70 28.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 80 33.1%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • Birthright

Votes: 50 20.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Another 2nd Setting Not Listed (List it below in your post)

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • A new campaign setting that uses 4e rules well (describe a campaign you like below)

Votes: 78 32.2%
  • A campaign setting based directly on the fluff in the 4e rulebook.

Votes: 79 32.6%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 15 6.2%

ivocaliban

First Post
A campaign setting based directly on the fluff in the 4e rulebook.

Ideally, this campaign setting would use the "points of light" perspective, while other traditional settings would not. I can't warm to the idea of an edition (and thus all of the settings based on that edition) having a certain slant. I'd prefer that each setting be handled on a case by case basis if there are going to be major changes.

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'll be waiting on "The Greyhawk Gazetter" for 4e. In all likelihood I will keep using 3.5e until Greyhawk support returns.

The Cardinal

First Post
ivocaliban said:
A campaign setting based directly on the fluff in the 4e rulebook.

Ideally, this campaign setting would use the "points of light" perspective, while other traditional settings would not.

seconded

drothgery

First Post
Eberron and a 4e-based setting, probably yet another pseduedo-medieval European Fantasy variant.

A lot of the 'classic' settings have some really good ideas, but I think they would work better as generic rulebooks. Politics and ruling (Birthright). Planar travel (Planescape and Spelljammer). Horror (Ravenloft). And I like Sarlona better as the 'default' place for psionics than Dark Sun.

Imban

First Post
I voted for every option but the bottom one, since I'd like to see, well, basically anything and everything. The more diversity in settings they present and the more they present the wide-ranging coolness of D&D and demonstrate how your homebrews can be or can be updated, the better. Granted, there are so many old settings that I'd be happy to see a revival of that WotC can't possibly properly serve all of them even with a setting a year and no new settings for 15 years, so I've got no real opinion on *which* they should bring back - the only things that'd displease me here are if Forgotten Realms and Eberron were it again, or if all the released settings were the most "generic fantasy" possible - Forgotten Realms, then Greyhawk, then Dragonlance, then a new 4e setting based on extrapolation from core + core splatbook flavor, then Mystara, for instance. I'd rather see the Savage Coast / Red Steel, a campaign setting I'd always hated, than that, simply because it's a different setting with unique mechanics and assumptions. Of course, Eberron's been announced as the second, so at the very least we'd have that.

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
Eberron, Greyhawk, Spelljammer and Other - the setting search finalists Wizards've been sitting on.

Just sub Ravenloft in for Greyhawk and you have exactly what I want.... I really think we need a setting which has been built to integrate the new things being introduced in 4th ed, and what better way to do it than find one of the setting search finalists which could best fill that role.

Blood Jester

First Post
I voted for Eberron, Dark Sun, Planescape and Ravenloft, with Dark Sun and Planescape topping the list.

Tons of flavor and variety, creative, exciting settings, room for all sorts of exotic adventures, none of the emo of the FR or DL settings.

(ok, Ravenloft can be played emo, but it is not built in.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases