D&D 4E What Campaign Settings would you like to see for 4e?

What Campaign Settings do you want for 4e? (pick all that apply)

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 99 40.9%
  • Eberron

Votes: 114 47.1%
  • Planescape

Votes: 101 41.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 116 47.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 55 22.7%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 70 28.9%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 80 33.1%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 49 20.2%
  • Birthright

Votes: 50 20.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • Another 2nd Setting Not Listed (List it below in your post)

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • A new campaign setting that uses 4e rules well (describe a campaign you like below)

Votes: 78 32.2%
  • A campaign setting based directly on the fluff in the 4e rulebook.

Votes: 79 32.6%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 15 6.2%

frankthedm

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
Wow, Darksun is up there... Didn't realize there is so much buzz on that setting. Probably because they never made a 3E Darksun setting?
Probably more because it fits incredibly well in the points of light ideal. The land outside the cities is an unknowable wasteland with magic corrupted creatures and worse laying in the ruins of one great civilizations. There is enough going on in the points of light where a party would not even need to leave the city, no gods to help out the world, and the strongest known NPCs are full blown BBEGs.

glass

(he, him)
I voted for all the classics: I'd love to see a 'Campaign Classics' line with one book for each setting (support not required) -and I'd like 4e to last long enough to get through them all (including Ghostwalk, Jakandor, Red Steel, etc).

I also think a setting designed specifically for 4e would be a very good idea, and as other have said something based on the setting search finalists might fit the bill -if not I'd still like to see them just out of curiosity.

glass.

Kaodi

Hero
Eberron, Ravenloft, Spelljammer, Birthright, the Implied Setting and a new setting built for the 4e system were my choices.

Najo

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
Wow, Darksun is up there... Didn't realize there is so much buzz on that setting. Probably because they never made a 3E Darksun setting?

Dark Sun got done as a dragon article that was messed up a bit by bad editor choices. The reason Dark Sun is up there is because its all kinds of awesome ;)

Najo

First Post
KingCrab said:
Ravenloft then Planescape, though I imagine with the cosmology changes built into core,
Planescape would change a lot.

Planescape is just as popular for its look and feel as much as the setting metaphysics itself. The setting is easy to rebuild in 4e rules. You would just recreate the planar structure enough to give back the blood war, the factions and the other key elements and then plop good'ol sigil onto the spire at the center of the corcordant crossroads/ outlands.

Then twist it around for 4e a lil, and the results would probably be really cool.

Belorin

Explorer
I voted for FR (of course), Spelljammer, Ravenloft, a setting based on the PoL concept and a setting that is strictly 4E. I really would like to see a setting based on our world but no (or very little) technology, but magic works. So alot of the advances that were techno based are really magically based.

Bel

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I'm surprised Eberron and FR aren't doing better in the poll.

Maybe its just because people take it for granted that WotC will continue to publish them in 4e.

Sylrae

First Post
I voted Ravenloft, Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Ghost Walk.

Magic: The Gathering
I'd really enjoy seeing a blending of Magic the Gathering and D&D. That would actually make me consider buying all the new core books. Have Magic the Gathering as a setting, with races and monsters based on hte cards, and spells that I love in that game. Effectively, a sanctioned version of the Dusk setting that I can't buy because they shot it down. Why they haven't released a Magic(tm) setting in d20 already baffles me, it would attract magic players to D&D and increase their maket share. I've made elves from the new set as a ecl 0 race for example. And with how often they release magic sets, they could keep seeling books for the settings and spells and creatures and we wouldnt have to change rulesets every couple years! I supposed this would make Magic the Gathering multiple settings, or a massive setting with a huge cosmology and multiple prime material planes. They would have to retrofit to include things back to about 5th edition for it to be worthwhile.

TwinBahamut

First Post
Eberron and Forgotten Realms are both fine. Other than those, I would much rather see completely new settings, rather than old 2E settings. The other two finalists of the big Setting Search are probably a good start.

I would also like to see a new Oriental Adventures, but I would rather not see it linked to the Realms like Kara-Tur is, and I certainly don't want it to be Rokugan.

I would be somewhat interested in a "Planejammer/Spellscape" setting, but it would have to be well done, and avoid the major pitfalls that turn me off from Planescape and Spelljammer (like the idea that they connect all the other settings).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases