• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What characters are you thinking about running?

nerdytenor

First Post
Avenger looks pretty hot, I gotta admit.

Hmm - I was thinking of trying an invoker, since I haven't played the controller role, and I didn't really want to be a wizard. However, invoker is a bit too similar to Tander (ranged cleric/lock) mechanically. I'm thinking of doing a 180 and going for a Barbarian. Bard is also interesting for me, but maybe a little too close to home (one of my RL jobs is as a professional singer).

I tend to pick roles that look fun mechanically and then organize my role playing around them. Am I bad? :)

Erekose13

Explorer
I've played a striker (dragonborn rogue and an eladrin ranger) and a controller (control wizard and blast wizard) and a defender (dwarven fighter) so its time to try a leader. Now to figure out which one, I like the look of the Shaman so I think I'll play one of those. Not too sure of race though, maybe shifter or elf.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yeah, the other classes in PHB2 look pretty cool too, but for me the avenger just takes the cake. (I hope. Still haven't seen it in detail, of course.)

I could see myself playing a druid or a shaman, but ... unarmored zealot lunatic running around with a fullblade, cuttin' stuff up? And it actually works in the system? Yes, please :)

ukingsken

First Post
It's all about the simple pleasures in life sess. Myself I'm still gonna be waiting a while since I really want to rock a full fledged artificer

Dunamin

First Post
Dunno.

I really love Woe too much to consider playing another character in the foreseeable future, so even if I settled on a decent concept that PC would probably be collecting dust. It’s sort of strange, because this is usually easy for me, I’ve baked more character concepts than I can recount, and there’re plenty of interesting options to dig into. I guess Woe just hits home as a more personally reflecting character than most I’ve made, even though I love playing difficult characters (slaad philosopher anyone?).

Of course, with the pace of PBP it’s always nice to have another character to play while you wait for other games to progress, but I already have more than my share of PBP games to keep me occupied.

Hmm… I’m honestly leaning towards another human fighter (with a different concept of course). This one’s a sort of anti-adventurer, who exhibits incompetence, cowardice, complains about sleeping outdoors, is scared of combat, and cannot stomach the sight of blood. May also turn out kobold, halfling, or goblin. Codenamed Pip for now.

Or perhaps a goblin rogue, with concept pretty heavily influenced by my avatar. If you don’t know where it’s from I’ll just say this – Goblin James Bond (nah, I’ll say more if you ask). Codenamed Dares-Destiny.

I guess the races that currently appeal to me are humans, dwarves, halflings, goblins, kobolds, and githyanki. Classes include any of the martial and primal power sources, plus bards.

Well, now that I think about it there are a number of concepts writing themselves in my head. Guess we’ll see.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Eh, I don't really know. I haven't seen the previews so I only know what I've read on the net about PHB2. Everybody seems quite enthusiastic about the avenger, but I'm not sure I got what's his deal (mechanically). I'm very curious to see the sorcerer, since it was one of my favourite classes back in 3e, though from what I've read, I might be slightly disappointed... I might just play a rogue for the fun value in the end, too.
Also I'm really curious to see the new races... these Devas look interesting...

Don Incognito

First Post
No one, really. Lorik's going to multi-class to invoker down the road, so I'm covered.

Although I've been toying with the idea of playing Maitre'd (you know, the erstwhile warforged manservant of Borius Gand) as a second character. I'm leaning toward swordmage.

But you never know.

Remove ads