What characters are you thinking about running?

garyh

First Post
I'm still kicking around the idea of a tiefling bard, but I just had a revelation.

Doppleganger Bard!

Same Cha/Int bonus, and between Change Shape, a Bluff skill through the roof, and lots of multiclass feats, you could be anything. ANYTHING! :)

Now I'm really hopping Dopplegangers are expanded upon in the Eberron Player's Guide this summer. :)

Dunamin

First Post
I had the same thoughts, garyh, been sketching out a number of bards lately.

A doppleganger bard really meshes with the spirit of a bard. You're not just a jack-of-all-trades, you can actually appear that way as well! :D

Atanatotatos

First Post
Eberron is one of my most awaited products, I love the setting and mostly everything about it (well, maybe except for the artificer, for now at least)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sorry for my laziness, I read in this page, and assumed, that the PHB2 can be used for character generation? That's kinky. :)
And what happened with the "Having two characters"? Is it possible to make another character, or it's still under deliberation?
I mostly lost track of things happening in the threads other than Ebon mirror. :p

PS: Wow! No spelling mistakes for me! I'll take the Toffler -or however it spells- now! xD

garyh

First Post
Sorry for my laziness, I read in this page, and assumed, that the PHB2 can be used for character generation? That's kinky. :)
And what happened with the "Having two characters"? Is it possible to make another character, or it's still under deliberation?
I mostly lost track of things happening in the threads other than Ebon mirror. :p

PS: Wow! No spelling mistakes for me! I'll take the Toffler -or however it spells- now! xD

PHB2 is not yet allowed, we're all just excited. It'll be reviewed for L4W inclusion three months after release, as per our standard policy.

Second characters ARE now allowed, if your first character has reached level 2. So far there are two second characters (covaithe's genasi swordmage Ikni, and Atanatotatos' eladrin warlord Hadarai), and it looks like most of the other players - such as myself - who could make second characters are waiting for PHB2 first.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I have thoughts right now of a Deva Invoker but I'm wondering about the storyline of Deva's in L4W.

I read proposal of a land of Deva's with Goliath servents, would it be possible to still use the book storyline instead?

For those without the PHB2 yet, Devas have no cities, or communities, and rarely ever meet others of their own kind, They aren't born and don't reproduce, they simply wake up fully formed in some sacred place with enough past live memories to speak, and survive day to day but not class skills and life memories from before.

That's really appealing to me, but at the same time I know the whole "never meet another of their own kind" is impossible in a Living setting. So that part wouldn't be possible unless I simply stated he didn't believe himself to be of the same race as the other devas, or that they were following the wrong path.

Just thoughts in general, what do others think?

Don Incognito

First Post
I'm working on the Deva homeland idea. It will allow for both Deva expatriates and Dauntonian Devas, as well as spies and informants.

The basic idea is that when the portal to the currently unnamed Deva homeland first opened, both Deva and Goliath refugees fled to the relative safety of Daunton. The portal is still open, so both character options would be available. A refugee Deva who died would reincarnate at a holy site in Daunton, such as the Temple of Open Hands and Eyes. A loyalist Deva would likely reincarnate back in his homeland.

Basically, the idea is to allow for both concepts, much like the dwarves can either hail from Mykonos' Sanctuary to be more "traditional" or the Valley of Bone to be "exotic".

Remove ads