D&D 5E What classes were the first 2 5e characters you actually made and played?

What classes were the first 2 5e characters you actually made and played?

• Artificer

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Bard

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Druid

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Fighter

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Monk

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Paladin

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Ranger

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Rogue

• Sorcerer

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Warlock

• Wizard

Votes: 10 30.3%

pukunui

Legend
I can't vote because both of my first two 5e characters were multiclassed, and you've only allowed us to pick two choices.

My very first PC was a halfling rogue/bard/sorcerer. I built her using the final Next playtest rules. When we transitioned to using the published 5e rules, I found she didn't quite play the same way due to various changes, so I retired her and brought in a half-elf paladin/fighter who made it all the way to level 20. (We were playing a Next/5e conversion of Age of Worms at the time.)

Shiroiken

Legend
Second character probably shouldn't count, since he died in the first session. Wizard setup to become bladesinger, but the wild mage fireballed himself and me.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Paladin of the Ancients - played to L9, became backup character (because I was asked to take over as DM) until L14.

Rogue1/Monk3 (Open Hand) for AL Season 1. Some of the other players in those modules may think he was all-Rogue or a Ranger due to my tactical choices.

Oofta

Legend
My first PC was a champion fighter. Next? Well, it was an elven monk so of course it died by the end of the first session.

Remove ads