D&D 5E What D&D Product Can Be Seen In The Crystals?

WotC has posted an image of a pile of crystals through which distorted glimpses of what looks like a product can be seen. In the comments below, folks have been flipping, enhancing, and generally squinting at the image behind the crystals, and while it's hard to make out, guesses include 'Journey Through the Radiant Ocean' (although I personally think that first letter looks more like an X or...

WotC has posted an image of a pile of crystals through which distorted glimpses of what looks like a product can be seen. In the comments below, folks have been flipping, enhancing, and generally squinting at the image behind the crystals, and while it's hard to make out, guesses include 'Journey Through the Radiant Ocean' (although I personally think that first letter looks more like an X or K than a J). 'Citadel' is also a popular guess for that last word--'Journey(s) to/from the Radiant Citadel'? Take a look and see what you think (or check the comments for flipped and enhanced versions).

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 6.59.03 PM.png

In Spelljammer lore, the phlogiston--the space between the crystal spheres in which the prime material worlds can be found--is also known as the 'Rainbow Ocean'. And crystal seem on-brand for crystals spheres.

Below the text, the image appears to be of some kind of marketplace. Above it, WotC wrote "Through the depths of the Ethereal Plane is a beacon of possibility and adventure... "

There was apparently a press event today, pending some kind of product announcement on Tuesday.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ok, after staring at it for an hour I think this is the best guess I have:

The book is titled something like “Journey(s) Through/In/Of the Radiant (Something)” and it’s an Adventure Anthology that presents planar adventures, using Sigil and the Planescape setting as a hub world the same way they used Candlekeep, Saltmarsh, and the Yawning Portal as hubs for their previous anthologies.
Here's an idea:

- Anthology of Spelljammery, "Multiverse" Adventures

- then we get a Spelljammer Setting

- War of the Lance Adventure book

- then we get a Dragonlance Setting

GarrettKP

Explorer
Here's an idea:

The Market place depicted on the front makes me think Planescape over Spelljammer. But possibly.

We will get a Dragonlance book this year, but I doubt we get both an Adventure and Setting book for it. Same for Jammer honestly.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Market place depicted on the front makes me think Planescape over Spelljammer. But possibly.

We will get a Dragonlance book this year, but I doubt we get both an Adventure and Setting book for it. Same for Jammer honestly.
Well, we are supposed to expect a "cameo" for q Classic Setting thus year, so maybe a compilation of small Sigil adjacent Adventures without detailed Setting information would make sense.

Marketplaces are universal, we don't have wnough of a view to be clear on this at all.

Here's an idea:

A book that's a mix of setting and anthology is something of a new format, although Saltmarsh did something similar - but then again, Saltmarsh isn't a full setting like this would be.

Also, we could get our "cameo" in here with one of the adventures being set in said cameo setting...

Yeah, I can definitely see this - a Spelljammer setting/anthology. With the Rock of Bral as the hub (that being the marketplace pictured, because, shock, Sigil isn't the only marketplace/hub in the multiverse).

lkj

Hero
I thought the J looked more like and X at first too. But the instagram image flipped looks more clearly like a J to me.

Attachments

• 16CBAF1E-B035-4F81-898B-EA48BF291AB6.jpeg
    16CBAF1E-B035-4F81-898B-EA48BF291AB6.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 126

Remove ads

Remove ads