D&D General What day(s) or night(s) do you run/play your games?

What day(s) and-or night(s) do your games usually run?

• Monday - day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monday - night

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Tuesday - day

• Tuesday - night

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Wednesday - day

• Wednesday - night

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Thursday - day

• Thursday - night

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Friday - day

• Friday - night

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Saturday - day

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Saturday - night

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Sunday - day

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Sunday - night

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • What's a game?

Votes: 1 1.8%

ccs

41st lv DM
My only current game runs on Thur evening 6-10p.
Theres a very high risk that its going to suffer a disruption as 2/4 players have just had work related changes. :(

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I assume this is about current games, cause if it was when have you ever run games I’d have to check almost every box. Currently I play in a game on Sunday nights, and the game I run (which is currently on hiatus) is on Monday nights.
Yes, current (or most recent) games. Sorry for not making that clear. :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Early returns are already surprising me - on a very small sample, weeknight games seem far more common than I would have expected.

For myself, I play in a game on Saturday nights and run my own on Sunday nights - when I had two sessions a week, the other was on Friday nights.

Round here we've always had some low-level competition for those three nights - if anyone wants to start a new game either an existing game has to be punted or there has to be no overlap in participants. Way back when (as in 1988-92-ish) I used to regularly run on Monday nights - never a problem with other games competing for the night but the sessions weren't often all that long as people had been at work all day and had to get up the next morning.

Sir Brennen

Legend
I've gamed every other weekend for (ahem, over) a couple decades now, in multiple groups, as adulting amongst the players prevents more frequent gatherings. Typically 7 to 8 hour sessions, so marked Day and Night in my response. We're still playing during the pandemic, though have been using Roll20 to play online.

Also a few months back started a bi-weekly Tuesday evening game via Roll20. This is with some out-of-state friends who I used to game with regularly, so that's one good thing to come out of the pandemic. Plus got to introduce them to one of the players in my current group, and it's been a good fit.

For a follow up poll, I'd be curious how often people are gaming. Like I mentioned, both my current games are bi-weekly, but in college, it could be more than once a week.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
For a follow up poll, I'd be curious how often people are gaming. Like I mentioned, both my current games are bi-weekly, but in college, it could be more than once a week.
I think that one might have been done already, at some point - maybe more than once.

The reason I did this poll is I don't remember ever seeing one like it in here.

Thomas Shey

Legend
We normally start between 1-3PM and try to end by 10 PM on Saturdays (the start times vary more based on GM preference--one GM starts later than I do typically, for example).

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I've heard it said that Thursday night is the ideal time for working people because if the game ends up running late, you only have Friday to get through before the weekend. Seems few people actually play on Thursdays, though. :-D

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Historically, I always preferred playing Saturdays from 1pm to 11pm (in the 90s, 2e). It allowed us to do two campaigns with different DMs on the same day, or just one long session with a break for supper. But with children being born that became impossible.

For a while we did Sunday afternoons which I enjoyed a lot. Brunch and D&D was fun (3e, 4e).

Now, I play mostly Friday nights. Very hard to play for more than 3 hours. 4 hours tops (5e).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases