What did you name your system?

Flynn

First Post
Add me to the list of interested gamers. I'm always up for seeing what others have done with their games and rules variants.

With Regards,
Flynn

Spatzimaus

First Post
The Spatzworld system.

This was originally just a placeholder name; I was the one who had come up with most of the rules. For a while we tried coming up with something more "cool". But, there were two basic problems:
1> Every fantasy-sounding name can be mocked.
2> We wanted to use this same system in multiple campaigns, including both a medieval fantasy version and a modern version running off of the same core rules.

So, in the end, we didn't really bother with a better name for the system as a whole, and we just name the individual campaigns after the party.

Megatron

Explorer
What I've been working on starts with the Core d20 mechanic and then completely rewrites everything else. I made a whole new set of classes, reworked the Attributes and made changes to many skills and combat stats, changed how class abilities work and are gained, whole new magic system, changed combat significantly by changing how rounds, attacks, and movement work, then I overhauled how items are used and equipped. Then I had to write a new book of spells to be used, rewrite and rebalanced every feat plus about 100 more that I thought it needed, AND THEN fill out an armory. and continue the bestiary.. >.>

It's meant for nearly any fantasy campaign (but realistically my own - Niira & Oryth), including super-heroes in a fantasy world. Right now I'm adding some scifi bits for a futuristic campaign (my HeavyEPIC setting). So from the ground floor it was meant to run nearly any genre. I even have a file on dragonball races lol.

A name for something that tries to be all-encompassing, modular, and seriously not lame seems escape me at the moment. I liked Saga, Lore, Sage, Core, etc., but alas they were all established gaming names or didn't really stick.

Ry

Explorer
Flynn said:
Add me to the list of interested gamers. I'm always up for seeing what others have done with their games and rules variants.

Hey Flynn. Right now the quasi-draft is off to Timmundo for editing; do you want to do a critique after he's done with it and I've incorporated his edits?

Flynn

First Post
rycanada said:
Hey Flynn. Right now the quasi-draft is off to Timmundo for editing; do you want to do a critique after he's done with it and I've incorporated his edits?

Yes, please. My email is jason.flynn.kemp ~at~ gmail.com, if that helps.

Thank you for the honor and privilege,
Flynn

Ry

Explorer
Excellent. I don't know how long Tim will be with it - I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of weeks before I have it upgraded. I'll send you an e-mail when I get a better idea.

Raven Crowking

First Post
rycanada said:
Excellent. I don't know how long Tim will be with it - I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of weeks before I have it upgraded. I'll send you an e-mail when I get a better idea.

Mine is ravencrowking at hotmail dot com.

I could send you bits of my stuff for commenting as well.

RC

Remove ads