Pathfinder 1E What do I need (never played Pathfinder before)?

Kinak

First Post
Some of the details are different from 3.0 to 3.5 and from 3.5 to Pathfinder, but as long as you're willing to doublecheck things rather than relying on memory, you won't have any problems.

As [MENTION=50895]gamerprinter[/MENTION] mentioned, there's much less encouragement to multi-class now. It's still possible, but classes have more abilities at mid/high levels, starting skill points work differently so people don't dip their first level in rogue, and the "favored class bonus" directly rewards you for sticking with the same class.

The "don't multiclass away from spellcasters" thing is still in full effect, though. There are a few classes that directly mix spellcasting in with martial stuff, which are usually a better choice. They, naturally, end up pretty complex though.

I honestly find myself referring to d20pfsrd.com or the PRD way more often than printed books. As a player, I like to have a copy of whatever book my class is in, so probably Core Rulebook. But you don't even need that.

Cheers!
Kinak

Thotas

First Post
You can print out all the info you need for your character from the websites listed already, and that's all you need. But I would also join in saying that having a Core to look over between sessions will accelerate your learning of the general rules of the game, and eventually become something you're referring to in session as you learn your way around it.

Remove ads