What do I need to know for my first AL game?

lonelynoose

First Post
How many games are you playing Aco175? You can't gen tier II characters but if you start playing early, you'll have a tier II pc by the late evening games.

aco175

Legend
It looks like there are a few 2-hour games to intro the Chult series for tier1 that I have signed up for. The afternoon slots are full for tier1 and only a few tier2 slots are open for anything 5e related. I would not mind playing something at a higher level. I did see some pregens leveled 1-10 on the Wizards site and may just print a few and bring them. I guess I could try and just make some characters and bring them with no tracking sheet just so we can play a game, but do not know how the DM may be with this. I'm surprised there is no plan for this.

lonelynoose

First Post
You can only start with lvl 1 characters in AL. Although, if you hit lvl 4 in the AM, WoTC will let you spend some DT to lvl up to lvl 5 so you can play tier II games. Pretty easy to do at a Con.

jasper

Rotten DM
It looks like there are a few 2-hour games to intro the Chult series for tier1 that I have signed up for. The afternoon slots are full for tier1 and only a few tier2 slots are open for anything 5e related. I would not mind playing something at a higher level. I did see some pregens leveled 1-10 on the Wizards site and may just print a few and bring them. I guess I could try and just make some characters and bring them with no tracking sheet just so we can play a game, but do not know how the DM may be with this. I'm surprised there is no plan for this.
Those high level pregens are substitute characters. If your tier 2 gets kilt, you play a sub until the curse is lifted. Now if you do play in Tier 2 illegally, you will have do free lawn work for the grumpy old lady down the block as punishment.

Remove ads