What do you like most in a story hour?

What do you like most in a story hour?

• Interesting characters/characterizations?

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Description of the game world.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Good writing/Narrative style.

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • See how a module/adventure played out.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Combat/fight scenes.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Other (Describe in post)

Votes: 5 6.8%

Gideon

First Post
A good story is the one where i can feel the breath of the world and charachters around me. So i guess my votes are for Writing and Charachters. I do wonder though how much of the breath comes from the players roleplaying and how much comes from the clever "swirl of the pen".

Junebug

First Post
Re: Well duh...

Hatchling Dragon said:
Another 'must' for choice/vote would be 'grammer/spelling', or something of the sort. I've started a couple Story Hours that had a lot of promice, and easily full-filled all the other requirements, but they were so poorly edited that it was literally too much work to read them. Pitty, that.

Hatchling Dragon [/B]

grammar/spelling
a lot of promise
Pity that.

But I do agree, HD.;) My favorite Story Hours are well-written. Although memorable characters bring me back.

Paka

Explorer
LostSoul said:
I don't like Story Hours that are written as stories.

I like ones that are told from the perspective of the DM or one of the Players.

I tried to write that way during my first few games and just didn't enjoy writing it. For me the Story Hours are an excuse to write and a way to share my game with this Forum and friends abroad.

The Players are there in every story but in a sideways manner.

While it works for many people the act of transcribing games just bores the heck out of me.

But not all Story Hours are for everyone.

I write mine from NPC points of view, allowing me to flesh out my world and the NPC's in it.

Writing helps me think things out, makes them more real. Like this post for example.

Anyway, check out my story hour (link in the sig) and let me know what you think.

thanks,

P-

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
LostSoul said:
I don't like Story Hours that are written as stories.

I like ones that are told from the perspective of the DM or one of the Players.
It's just soooo hard to write it like that. I tried it and it just was way too hard for my english-not-mother-tounge writing capabilities.

Stories are easier to write and read IMO.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
When I was doing Brother Cadir's story it was from the first person. It helped me focus on what I wanted in the story and helped pull the campaign into focus as a player.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Paka said:
I tried to write that way during my first few games and just didn't enjoy writing it. For me the Story Hours are an excuse to write and a way to share my game with this Forum and friends abroad.

In your case I don't mind. ;)

Remove ads