• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What do you like to see in the Dungeon Master's Guide?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I honestly cannot think of a single reason where bringing back THAC0 would actually improve the game experience.

Damon.
It depends on what is meant by bringing back THAC0. If it is reversing the numbers for armor, leave it out. If it is attack bonuses vary depending on class, I'm interested.

halfling rogue

Explorer
I'm always a fan of worldbuilding stuff. The "Roll your own dungeon" from 1e DMG is freakin awesome. I wouldn't say they should repeat that, but something along those lines would be pretty cool. Lot's of tables for worldbuilding/geography/towns/landscapes/and dungeons. Maybe it's asking too much, but I think it would be awesome to be able to build at least an entire region from dungeons, to towns/cities, to environments, etc all from rolling via tables. One could argue that you could just pull that stuff from older books, but if you're new to D&D and pick up the new DMG, how much would that fuel your imagination!?

I came back to this thread today because I flipped through the DMG for the first time last night and everything I mentioned wanting here (and more!) was in there. Pretty stoked.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads