• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What do you like to see in the Dungeon Master's Guide?

gweinel

Explorer
What would you call a *real* summoner class? What do you want out of it?

Not something fancy. Someone could play a summoner from 1st lvl in the last two editions. Now the summonings are few and mid to high lvl spells. Especially for the wizard.

Cleric domains broken down further.

Morale rules for monsters, or at least some guidelines so I can create my own.

Modules to make your game more like the various D&D editions (i.e. a 3.xE module, a 4E module, a 2E module, etc.)

Olaf, It's been stated that there will be a variant rule listed in the DMG about THAC0, and a more intense grid-based combat like 4e will be there as well... so your wish should be granted, from the looks of it.

For domains, I only know that Death will be released (along with Oathbreaker paladins, Warforged, Kender, ideas for how to create worlds like Dragonlance, etc).

Pandamonium87

First Post
Morale rules, a magic item creation process that won't reintroduce magic item economy PLEASE and, in general tips and alternatives to change some rules.

halfling rogue

Explorer
Personally, I'd like to see rules for Factions. The Factions is a nice feature in the Adventurer's League, and I wanna see how it gets translated to home play.

I'm actually pretty interested in Factions as well. I've not experienced them in play, but the idea of Factions is appealing to me. Seems the ones in the Adventurer's League are all tied to the Tyranny storyline, so I guess I wouldn't like them to just plunk down the Forgotten Realms Factions in the DMG. I'd rather they outline the purposes of Factions in the game and how to go about creating Factions for your own purposes.

Psyga315

Explorer
I'm actually pretty interested in Factions as well. I've not experienced them in play, but the idea of Factions is appealing to me. Seems the ones in the Adventurer's League are all tied to the Tyranny storyline, so I guess I wouldn't like them to just plunk down the Forgotten Realms Factions in the DMG. I'd rather they outline the purposes of Factions in the game and how to go about creating Factions for your own purposes.

I'd maybe have them make one or two factions as examples, like how they had the step by step character creation be based around a FR character.

D

dco

Guidelines to create NPCs.
More options for players, perhaps another class, more backgrounds becasue they are lacking (I'm using the professions of WFRP as backgrounds).
Guidelines for magic items.
Guidelines for wars and tactics, something like Reign would be great.
An adventure.

halfling rogue

Explorer
I'd maybe have them make one or two factions as examples, like how they had the step by step character creation be based around a FR character.

Yeah, I'd have no problem with that. I'd just feel a little cheated if they had a FACTIONS section and just listed the ones from the Tyranny plotline. Now that I think about it though, would it be a fair assumption to think of Factions as another form of Guilds? Like a generic Thieves Guild? I don't mind going down that avenue. I could see creating a Faction being along the lines of creating a Background. Add two of these things, a dash of this, maybe that, and boom, you have a Faction.

Psyga315

Explorer
Yeah, I'd have no problem with that. I'd just feel a little cheated if they had a FACTIONS section and just listed the ones from the Tyranny plotline. Now that I think about it though, would it be a fair assumption to think of Factions as another form of Guilds? Like a generic Thieves Guild? I don't mind going down that avenue. I could see creating a Faction being along the lines of creating a Background. Add two of these things, a dash of this, maybe that, and boom, you have a Faction.

I'd be cool with them doing the factions seen in the Lords of Waterdeep board game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads