D&D 5E What do you think the 2020 Summer, Fall, and Winter D&D books will be?

jgsugden

Legend
As a counterpoint: WotC and Hasbro, as well as other publishers and all the distributors, are very aware of the value that is provided by having FLGS operating. If they can find a way to get a product in these stores as soon as they can after it is deemed safe, they'll do so. However, the question remains of what can be done to do that on the given time frames.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I am curious what the plan is for Perkins' next adventure book... there is usually a big buildup to their announcement at D&D Live, but I seriously doubt that is happening soon (at the very least it is getting postponed, and very possibly just cancelled). Considering I haven't heard any news about D&D Live, I wonder if it's happening this year.

Anyway, I still think that there will be a Spelljammer Mind Flayer adventure coming this year. There have been a couple of hints to Lantan, Spelljammer, Mind Flayers and horror, so hopefully it will be something almost in tone to the Alien films, a space horror adventure.

Even if they could print the book, there wouldn't be any point because all the bookshops are closed.

They may bring things out on D&D Beyond and delay the print books though. If anything this is going to accelerate the trend to online only.

Bookshops are closed, but Online stores are not. Just order from your local shop.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I predict that the book they start working on when Coronavirus recedes into the background will feature a magical disease. The PCs have to figure out both the cure (similar to reverse-engineering the sumoning ritual in the Tiamat campaign) and who is behind it - maybe Talona goddess of disease or maybe an archwizard with a nasty grudge.
It will feature chances for Investigator background and Swashbuckler subclass and 007 character concepts to shine. Plus expanded rules for Medicine skill and Healing Kit.
With their normal development schedule, this would be ready for sale in 2022?

I predict that the book they start working on when Coronavirus recedes into the background will feature a magical disease. The PCs have to figure out both the cure (similar to reverse-engineering the sumoning ritual in the Tiamat campaign) and who is behind it - maybe Talona goddess of disease or maybe an archwizard with a nasty grudge.
I can guarantee you that isn't going to happen.

Remove ads