• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you use for a character sheet?

What do you use for a character sheet?

• Photocopies/printouts of the sheet in the PHB.

Votes: 41 15.1%
  • One of the alternate character sheets WotC has one their site.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • The sheets from one of the Deluxe Character sheet packs (or copies of them).

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • A character sheet I downloaded from the internet.

Votes: 113 41.7%
  • A character sheet I designed and printed out.

Votes: 76 28.0%
  • The output of a character generator program (etools, PCGen, etc).

Votes: 54 19.9%
  • A normal sheet of paper.

Votes: 52 19.2%
  • Other (please describe).

Votes: 24 8.9%

ForceUser

Explorer
rowport said:
I just print out a Word file formatted like the new stat blocks in DMGII. I love it, and find it very easy to use. All the other members of my game group think that I am insane for using it, though, and constantly berate me to use a "normal character sheet"! :)
High five! Stick to your guns, brother--I love it too!

lukelightning

First Post
I use my brain and decline to put anything in writing. If I must write my character sheet, I do so on a dry-erase board, easily altered. That way I can quickly switch my ranks in knowldege: elvish metaphysics to craft: lethal knitting on a moment's notice.

Oh, wait, that's not me, that's Red Mage...

Peter Gibbons

First Post
I use the new stat-block format presented in DMG2, with a "portrait" of the character in the upper right-hand corner, printed out on a single sheet of paper.

runtime

First Post
I use campaign-blog.com's online character sheet forms. I used to use 3eprofiler.net (same thing software), until it was offline. Online character sheets are nice because your can always get the latest character sheet for for a missing player.

http://www.campaign-blog.com/

ForceUser

Explorer
Peter Gibbons said:
I use the new stat-block format presented in DMG2, with a "portrait" of the character in the upper right-hand corner, printed out on a single sheet of paper.
Woot! That's three of us! :cool:

ForceUser said:
Woot! That's three of us! :cool:
Make that four! :D
I have Lucifus Cray on Photo-quality paper - with the Ur-Priest picture that he was modelled on - and stats in DMG II format. It's pretty schmick.

I also have all of his augmented, psuedonatural monster summonings in DMGII Format as well catalogued and collated by spell level.

Paul the DM provides me with a 10 page PC-Gen Character Sheet too... just in case I need it. ;)

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

PS: I have made only two adjustments to the DMGII format. I detail the makeup of AC (+3 natural, +2 Dex., +4 deflection) as we have enough high-level stuff in the game that sometimes, you just need to know this stuff. The other is for attribute modifiers. When doing 70+ monster summoning sheets, it's just easier to have the modifier there when recalculating DCs based on con and strength as well as all the other adustments you have to make when changing the basic MM stats.

Remove ads