D&D 5E What does 5E NEED

S

Sunseeker

I don't buy adventures, so fat lot of good that's done Paizo with me.

I think a two-campaign-a-year release is not a bad schedule, but there does need to be something else beyond that and minis, if they could get a steady 3-4 books released a year, I think I'd be fairly happy.

Riley37

First Post
D&D 5E is an abstract entity with no needs.

People who play 5E need other good players, who bring joy to the table. And/or bring pizza.

Wait, you mean written products? Some 5E players might enjoy a conversion guide. After all, there's 30 years worth of non-5E material, settings races items adventures adversaries classes locations etc. Some Friendly Local Game Stores have a shelf with old gaming materials available at discount. Some of that material is brilliantly written and would be lots of fun, the moment you convert it and add it to your 5E game. Such as, for example, any of the various rules sets describing psionics.

Hasbro needs more total sales and net profits.

delericho

Legend
I don't think 5e needs any one specific thing, it just needs something to keep it active.

Ideally, I would like that something to be a revived Dragon (PDF is fine), but failing that then some nice meaty expansion books would do it - to remain relevant at my table in 4 years it probably needs a minimum of 2 PHB-sized books (one in 2 years time and the other in 4).

CapnZapp

Legend
If I must choose only one type of thing I got to say adventures.

Even a "best of" line with selected scenarios from previous editions (which of course is much lazier than writing brand new ones) would be much better than nothing.

Assuming properly updated adventures, of course. Meaning not only updated stats, but updating entire encounters, foes, maps to conform to 5e expectations.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
For me, the only thing the game needs right now is an updated Forgotten Realms campaign setting book. It's really frustrating trying to run a Realms campaign post Sundering.

At the moment, I'm nowhere near ready for more player options such as subclasses or feats. I don't yet have a firm grip on all the ones available in the Player's Handbook. I really don't want to see a book like that for at least a couple years unless it's Pisonics.

I could use more monsters and smaller adventures.

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
5th Edition needs to embrace previous editions in some big way. An OGL that permitted third party publishers to print materials for any of them would be great.

Remove ads