• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What ever happened to the Iron DM Tournament?

Dave Turner

First Post
Subject line says it all, really. Have I missed the recent tournaments? Was anyone responsible for carrying the torch forward? Is it considered passe? :)

It came to mind just now after reading a post by Nemmerle (Yes, Nemmerle) and I remember that he defeated me in one of the tournaments.

ScardPtori

First Post
On Paizo's BLOG page, they made a reference to this event at the most recent Gencon. You can follow this link Here and scroll down to the entry "Gen Con Field Report Day 4" for all the information I have. Unfortunately, their link to "irondm.com" is not working . . .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
ScardPtori said:
On Paizo's BLOG page, they made a reference to this event at the most recent Gencon.

Naw, the original Iron DM was an event we used to run on this board starting back in 2001.

As for where it went, it just became too involved and took too long to handle, and after some other people took over judging, it kind of petered out.

Also, I never got the help I was hoping for to get the IRON DM wiki up to date so we could have an archive of the past tournaments.

Perhaps when I am done with grad school, I will have the time and inclination to start one up again.

Remove ads