D&D 3E/3.5 What exactly is an epic weapon in D&D 3.5?

greymarch

First Post
There is a new category for damage reduction in D&D 3.5. It is called epic damage reduction. My question is...what exactly, under the new 3.5 D&D rules, defines a weapon as an epic weapon? I have the 3.5 PHB, 3.5 DMG and 3.5 MM, and I cannot find any reference to what an epic weapon is in any of these books.

If you know the exact answer, please state the book, page number, and column in which you found the answer.

hong

WotC's bitch
greymarch said:
There is a new category for damage reduction in D&D 3.5. It is called epic damage reduction. My question is...what exactly, under the new 3.5 D&D rules, defines a weapon as an epic weapon? I have the 3.5 PHB, 3.5 DMG and 3.5 MM, and I cannot find any reference to what an epic weapon is in any of these books.

"Epic" DR means you need a weapon with at least a +6 enhancement bonus to negate it.

If you know the exact answer, please state the book, page number, and column in which you found the answer.

No.

Red Baron

First Post
It means a weapon with a +6 or better magic enhancement bonus (MM 307, "Damage Reduction." 6th paragraph, beginning "Certain very powerful monsters...")

Keep in mind that I'm going from the pre-release photocopies I got from WotC, so the page number might conceivably be wrong...

greymarch

First Post
Red Baron said:
It means a weapon with a +6 or better magic enhancement bonus (MM 307, "Damage Reduction." 6th paragraph, beginning "Certain very powerful monsters...")

Keep in mind that I'm going from the pre-release photocopies I got from WotC, so the page number might conceivably be wrong...

Thanks Red Baron. That is what I have spent all night looking for! Now I can go to sleep. :)

Remove ads