What Game Did You Leave D&D For?

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I play a lot of different games, and I always have.

The only time I actually left D&D was near the end of 3.5; I was getting burned out, and I had the opportunity to work professionally on a different system and I just threw myself into that for a few years. After that didn't pan out, I ran a couple of Pathfinder games and I played in a single 4e game, and otherwise didn't touch Dungeons & Dragons until 5e.

And... well... my feelings on 5e are well-known.

For the foreseeable future, my "D&D" experiences are going to revolve around my ill-fated attempts to grind PF 3PP into the OSR until they fit.

Wulffolk

Explorer
I primarily played D&D through the 80's.

Then moved on to WoD games in the 90's.

Back to D&D 3e and 3.5e in the 2000's

Skipped 4e completely.

5e renewed my interest.

Now I prefer Pathfinder 2e.

Nytmare

David Jose
That said, there are drawbacks. The setting is pretty constrained and I don't know how much replay value we're going to get out of it. Also, there are inherent issues with having the players play bad guys.

So, I'm looking forward to more Forged in the Dark hacks that will expand into larger settings and more heroic player options.

If you haven't checked out Band of Blades yet, definitely do it. It's so freaking good.

smoelf

Explorer
I can't really say that I've left D&D so much as that I have not really played RPG's at all in a long time. And I probably wouldn't mind being invited to a D&D/Pathfinder game (better than nothing), but I ever get around to running a game my self, I will (likely) be using HERO System 6th edition.

Sadras

Legend
Never left D&D, just played some other games such as WoD, Eclipse Phase, Summerland, Grimm, In Nomine (using Fate system) and A Song of Ice and Fire RPG. I have recently bought Torchbearer and Shadow of the Demon Lord, although I'm not sure when I will run them. Time!

3catcircus

Adventurer
Across the years,

James Bond
Call of Cthulhu
Top Secret, Top Secret/S.I.
Gamma World
Twilight: 2000 v1/v2/v2.2
Rolemaster
Runequest
Ghostbusters
Star Frontiers
Star Wars d6
TORG
Spycraft
HARP
Pathfinder
Twilight:2013

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
I love 5e, but we played so much of it, it was becoming long in the tooth and a bit samey, we were about to run our next campaign in 4e, but before we did PF2 came along so we thought we'd try that, and enjoying it so far

Remove ads