• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What gameworld would you want to be in?

Warren Okuma

First Post
Yeah, I know it's been done before, but there are lots of new users. So, if you could be a beginning character in any game world, which game world would you want to be incarnated in? What kind of character would you build? Oh and gamers that choose the same world will appear together in that game world.

I'll start...
Me I'd go for gurps supers. I'd build munchkin. It's me after all.

sydbar

Explorer
The world of Teenager from Outer Space, you never die, and humans are almost like god to the aliens since humans introduced the concept of fun to the universe.

Sejs

First Post
You know I was going to say Eberron, but I'm going to have to echo what Kae'Yoss said.

Ultimately, a lot of worlds that are really fun to play in would be ruddy hell to actually have to live in.

...except that Nymphology one. That there's a balm that soothes all ills.

Roman

First Post
Well, from D&D official world choices only and our good old Earth not counting, I would chose my incarnation to be in Forgotten Realms or if I felt more suici... ehm, adventurous, ehm, Dark Sun.

Yair

Community Supporter
The world of Blue Rose, in the kingdom of Aldis. A kingdom where the nobility is chosen by meritocracy, and everyone is well treated and educated. Even the (intelligent) animals.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Sejs said:
Ultimately, a lot of worlds that are really fun to play in would be ruddy hell to actually have to live in.

Here is where Transhuman Space scores. If you live in one of the more advanced nations, chances aren't bad that you will live forever if you have survived that far and don't take any stupid risks. Technology is much more advanced than it is now, personal AI assistants take care of most of the paperwork that takes up much of our time today, and Europe is one of the best places to live in. Plus, other planets have been colonized (especially Mars), and a beanstalk elevator is currently being built over Kenya that will make going to space easily affordable to the middle class...

Transhuman Space is a great setting to live in, even if you are an "average guy".

Iku Rex

Explorer
Amber for the win!

(With the Amber Diceless system. Never actually played it.)

I'd want Pattern Imprint of course. I tend to like the shiny, shiny powers, so I'd probably sacrifice my attributes for some tricks like Conjuration, Shape Shifting and maybe Sorcery. Item transferal min/maxing to make up for crappy attributes is not out of the question.

Remove ads