• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What gameworld would you want to be in?

Maester Luwin

First Post
In the Land of Westeros of course. However, I am not sure which House. The North most likely but I would not mind hoisting a tankard with Tyrion! Thanks Maester Luwin

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Tetsubo said:
I think there might be worse RPGs then deadEarth... like Spawn of Fashan... and yes, I own both...

Drat... one less person I can manage to pawn off one of my 20 copies of deadEarth onto...

Enforcer

Explorer
Eberron for me, where 1 level in a PC class actually counts for something. I'd love to be a kalashtar monk/psion or a Lyrandar swsahbuckler.

Korgoth

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
What are these questions in particular?

Well, the game seems to be good at asking the physical/metaphysical questions: how do you define "human being", in what sense is there a "soul", when do you become a new species, is "medical immortality" a possibility, what are the implications of self-modification, etc. All that's good stuff.

But what about moral sphere: is there a determinate state called "human flourishing" implied by the determinacy of human nature? Are there such things as virtues and vices: i.e., does acting in conformity or disconformity with the specific character of man integrate or disintegrate the personal self?

To me, moral collapse in Transhuman Space seems to be widespread. Therefore I would expect that it exists in a state of progressive mental collapse as well. People are habitually unreasonable nowadays... I can only imagine how foolish they would be in the THS future. But THS doesn't appear (unless I passed over it) to deal with this: that the quality of cognition is linked to moral quality. That's a very traditional idea but THS seems to ignore it.

arscott

First Post
Same as quite a few other folks, apparently. If I have to be an average Joe, then StarTrek or Blue Rose, because they have nice standards of living.

If I get to be cool, then a Supers game because having superpowers and helping people would be awesome. Something specific to RPGs, though. If I lived in the Marvel Universe or the DCU, I'm afraid I'd get killed off as a cheap marketing ploy.

Remove ads