• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What gameworld would you want to be in?

Greg K

Legend
Jeremy757 said:
Oh my! I wouldn't go near DCU. I'm sure they have a yearly body count quota in heroes and non-coms. Not to mention the yearly event that devestats and destroys almost everything. The prisons suck (revolving door) and insurance prices and medical care prices must be through the roof, even compared to our world.

If you could start out as a Therapist specializing in post tramatic stress syndrome you could rake in the bucks i bet.

Now if you let me start out with Johnny Thunder's Thunderbolt i might just do it.

Actually the yearly devestation events is why I wrote "maybe". However, as my power would be reality control so I would redesign the world to the contintuity that I want :]

Andor

First Post
:cool: Tough one.

Either 1000 pt of Hero system goodness in some nice supers campaign, or Star Trek. Why Star Trek? 'cause with what I know from the various show I figure it would take me maybe a week, tops, to turn myself into a star god. It's freaking easy in ST. People do it all the time, often by accident. :D

Ooh. Forgot one. If all else fails, Cosmo-Kinght in the three Galaxies setting from Rifts. You've got all the spiffy powers you could want, you're the equivilent of a star destroyer at 1st level, and you've got your choice of worlds to vacation on from high tech to high fantasy, when you need a break from kicking evil in the teeth.

Last edited:

Warren Okuma

First Post
Roman said:
Since I know only D&D settings, I am sticking to those for my choices, but some important issues have not been cleared up which could affect my answers greatly. These issues are:

1) Is my incarnation in the chosen gameworld the same as myself in RL in terms of race/stats/appearance/etcetera? Alternatively, is my incarnation very different.
If the game system/game world lets you. In this thought experiment, you are a beginning character. Suggested beginning character. No high levels. DnD is first level (No 1st edition bards). Good luck.
Roman said:
2) Do I get to chose my incarnation or is it determined randomly? If I get to choose it, what are the restricting parameters - i.e. how special can my incarnation be at the outset?
Here's a character sheet... design (or roll up) something that you want to be... Choose a legal build or a legal way to roll up.
Roman said:
3) Is my incarnation in the chosen gameworld rooted to the gameworld (having been born there and grew up there) or is it transfered directly from the real world with no connections and knowledge of the world beyond what I have currently.
What did you write a history on the back of your character sheet that you will become? Yes? Cool. As long as it's street legal (no rules bending, no house rules) sure, and buy your skills/knowledge's that you personally have any less will mean less, any more will mean more.
Roman said:
4) Does my incarnation retain all the memories of my life in the real world? How about all the skills I have now? If not, does it retain at least some partial knowledge of them?
You keep the memories of the real world... if you bought the appropriate skills.
Roman said:
5) What does the phrase 'people who chose the same setting start together' (not a proper quote, but words to that effect) imply/mean? What impact does it have on my incarnation?
All the Transhuman space dudes get transported to transhuman space universe (and will probably be very happy), all the CT guys if they survive character generation get to go into the same universe or wherever.
Roman said:
Thanks for the answers! :)
Sure.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Korgoth said:
re: Transhuman Space

To me it appears that mankind has practically choked the life out of itself, morally speaking. Disintegrated values means disintegrated people. I can't see how a civilization that embraces immorality on the scale implied in the TS books can be anything but on the verge of total implosion. Although "on the verge" can still mean a century or two, when we're talking about history.

Basically, each group that follows a particular philosophy lives in its own subculture that doesn't need to interact with others much. That keeps conflicts down, and helps people accept a high threshold of weirdness in the world. You don't have to interact with people whose stance on things you don't like. Although the number of Isolates - people who just "drop out" of mainstream culture and retreat to their own communities - is swelling.

I think it's a very thought-provoking game, to be sure. Although the books I've read seem to ignore certain basic questions about humanity, which is odd in a game called "Transhuman"... but perhaps it is simply intended to be left up to the Referee.

What are these questions in particular?

Gnome Quixote

First Post
Call of Cthulhu

OK, not really. Probably WEG Star Wars d6 (as opposed to Star Wars d20, which never struck me as being as fun or 'Star Warsy').

Sigurd

First Post
I choose Scarred Lands, somewhere near Nightfall.

I'd spend all my time reminding him that he's only an NPC :)

Sigurd

hopeless

Adventurer
Reg: Gameworlds

tm80401 said:
If I had to pick a game world to actually live in, I would pick the Classic Traveller era. The transhuman space idea sounds really interesting but I don't know enough about it to jump in.

Oh, and my wife and son have to come too.

I don't suppose that includes Serenity from Firefly does it?

Personally I find the Transhuman Space setting a little unsettling after all watch Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex to see what I mean!

And for those that would rather have an explanantion lets say by becoming more like the machine they become that much more easier to reprogram...

As for me... well I admit visiting Sharn sounds nice although I'd still be too busy to sight see!
And failing that who doesn't want to travel the classic traveller era...

atomn

Explorer
The Grackle said:
Anything set during the zombie apocalypse. F'rReals.

I'll second that! I can't watch a zombie flick without getting drawn in, thinking about what I would do in the characters' shoes. It's exhilarating to me I think because apart from the overwhelming volume of zombie, they're a foe that I could actually defeat in real life (whereas I'd stand no chance against a real life Uruk-hai).

Remove ads