• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What I lost on my return from Gencon

BrooklynKnight

First Post
These were the following contents of my luggage on my return trip from Gencon.
It will give you a good idea on just how bad the Airline screwed me over.

PHB 3.5 ISBN: 0786928867 Wizards of the Coast 30$
DMG 3.5 ISBN: 0786928891 30$
MM 3.5 ISBN: 078692893X 30$
Arcana Unearthed ISBN: 1588460657 White Wolf Publishing 30$
Arcana Unearthed: Seige on Ebonring Keep ISBN: 1932374132 Mystic Eye Games 20$
Arcana Unearthed: Plague of Dreams ISBN: Unavailable Fiery Dragon Productions 15$
Stagate SG-1 RPG SKU# 2200 Alderac Entertainment Group 50$
Dragonlance Campaign Setting ISBN: 0786930861 Wizards of the Coast 40$
Book of Erotic Fantasy Preview (2 copies) ISBN: Unavailable Valar Project 10$ each
Librum Equitis Volume 1 ISBN: 0971923825 Mystic Eye Games 13$

Add to this a 60$ dagger i bought from Steel Arms (anyone know their website?
400$+ worth of clothes, and a 200$ Hard Case suitcase.
and thats a whooooooooole lot of money gone.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I feel your pain and I hope this does not come across wrong but there was a UPS packing area at the Con.

I hope you get reimbursed for it.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
That's interesting. How did you get a dagger through the searches? Have you contacted the airport security office or whatever part handles suspicious items? Maybe the bag is being held there?

heldenhammer

First Post
Do you suppose the airline might have seized the baggage because of that dagger, even though you checked the bag instead of carrying it on?

Henry

Autoexreginated
WayneLigon said:
Have you contacted the airport security office or whatever part handles suspicious items? Maybe the bag is being held there?

I was going to suggest this very thing - it's possible that a weapon in the baggage held it up.

For future reference, the UPS station is an excellent idea that I hope they continue at the 'con. My friend and I (who went to the 2000 Gencon) sent back home a whole bunch of swag and books via UPS store in Chicago before we took our plane flight back. He also mailed his newly-purchased SIX FOOT CLAYMORE, because he didn't want the hassle at baggage check-in.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Oh, they don't normally x-ray everything, regardless if it's going into the cabin or not? I don't know; last time I flew, they waved us on through without looking at us twice :) Shows you how often I fly...

Could be, though, esp. since I'm assuming you were on a flight into the NYC area.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
My Bat'leth got through to my airport just fine and it was wrapped in plastic and THEY put it a cardboard box.

I made them aware of the dagger,which was still sealed in its purchase box with receipt and bag inside my luggage so i doubt thats the reason.

My luggage has simply dissapeared. They have no idea where it is. The airport doesnt seem to want to track luggage the same way UPS tracks packages.

Untill they enact some type of system not only are we all prone to loosing luggage but its a big weakness in the system should someone want to use it for nefarious purposes.

Remove ads