Pathfinder 1E What I'd really like to see Paizo do with Pathfinder is...

The Lost Muse

First Post
I bought Ptolus, and I could see dropping up to $150 on something like this... but having the ability to pre-pay over a number of months would make it easier to swallow, as would the ability to pay via paypal.

zenram

First Post
A box set is just too expensive, mainly because there is not a provider who actually dedicates to do stuff like the ones needed for the box, so they need to be done practically in artesanal way.

Skeld

First Post
I would like to see compilations done for the APs, like a hard cover compilation of RotRL. Maybe even have them PoD?

The problem I see with this is why buy an AP now (like Council of Thieves) when I can wait 2-3 years to buy the whole thing at once with all the errata included?

If a significant number of customers were willing to deny Paizo sales now in favor of sales at some point in the distant future, I can imagine that would be very bad for their business.

Besides, I'd rather see them spend their efforts on new, unique products instead of older retreads. Anyone that's interested in an older AP (like RotRL) can still pick up individual issues (or PDFs is the hardcopies aren't available).

-Skeld

James Jacobs

Adventurer
The problem I see with this is why buy an AP now (like Council of Thieves) when I can wait 2-3 years to buy the whole thing at once with all the errata included?

If a significant number of customers were willing to deny Paizo sales now in favor of sales at some point in the distant future, I can imagine that would be very bad for their business.

It would. In fact, it would probably make us not able to do adventure paths at all, since to a certain extent they're self-funding and splitting the "payments" (in time and printing and resources and costs) up into 6 installments is, really, what makes the whole thing possible. Paying for all of that content at once and then having to wait half a year or more to see a return is not good for our business model at all.

Stalker0

Legend
I would love to see a mechanics book that has a whole lot of Pathfinder art.

I'm generally a crunch man when it comes to my rulebooks, but I won't lie there is something about Pathfinder art that I find absolutely inspiring. I would love to see a book chalk full of more of that!

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I would love to see a book on dungeon and campaign creation, with lots of random generation lists - lists for creating worlds, cities, and of course dungeons, ala the 1st ed AD&D DMG appendix. Those types of lists really get the creative juices flowing. Sounds like their next release (Advanced GM Guide?) may have some of that in it...hope so at least!

And yeah - mega adventures are generally a Good Idea in my book.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I would like to see this (note: it's only a mockup cover). . . ASAP :rant: ;) -

PZO1114MOCKUP_500.jpeg

Product page.

No, really. I would. :) Failing that, ~February '10 will probably do, in a pinch.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If they were able to do a boxed set that consisted of an entire adventure path with maps, hand outs, etc, my max would be $100. Not really willing to pay more than that. I wouldn't mind re-printed art, black and white, and lower quality paper, especially on the main booklets. However, the maps and handouts would have to be top notch.

On top of that, it would have to have a theme that I'd want to run, so if it was something that didn't appeal to me...

I can certainly see where the risk vs. the reward may be far too high.
here is an idea; what about a series like the old modules? a complete book, maps, most in black and white to keep costs down... each could have the same type of designators of an alpha numeric combo to describe what 'adventure path' and where in the sequence it belongs?

is that kind of item the exclusive property of a liscensed nature?

Remove ads