• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What if a level 1 killed a level 40

Valathos

First Post
Yea that is true. but that leaves room for an artifact or some sort of item that collects the excess exp. for like item creation only. I did know that lame level and 1exp from another level rule but eh. Would be nice huh? I also made this chart for those people who don't go exactly by the rules in the book.

Axel

First Post
Have had a CR 1/4 orc slay a level 14 fighter prince with a single arrow. Haha.

What can you do against 20 20 20?

Hey, don't joke too much. I've seen a 20 20 20 20 with a Composite Longbow practically 1-hit the BBEG priest type. It was truly epic. As a player in that campaign. As a DM I died a little inside.

NaturalFn20

First Post
Hey, don't joke too much. I've seen a 20 20 20 20 with a Composite Longbow practically 1-hit the BBEG priest type. It was truly epic. As a player in that campaign. As a DM I died a little inside.

My DM rolled 20 20 20 20 on me and instant killed my Paladin the other day. The first 20 was for something on another character. The next 3 20s was some devastating slaver decapitating me. Then just as quickly as he killed me, he was saddened that his character also had Alter Fortune, so the last 20 was rerolled and I avoided being instantly slain. I could only be killed with 20 20 20 too since my AC was 35.

It's crazy when you see those 20s man. We've done the math on the odds of seeing 20 20 20 and 20x4. It's astronomical and most people never see 4 20s in their life time. With our DM that was the 2nd time he's done that. Crazy stuff.

Borthos

First Post
What about 1s? I've rolled 8 1s out of the first 11 rolls of the 4th ed game I played once as a warlock. Eventually I nat 1'd 4 times in a row and the last one was to hit a campfire. the DM said "You have angered the Weave. You summoned a Fire Elemental out of the camp fire with your Eldritch Blast"

Unless you're playing with 20-20-20 insta-kill kills beyond the chart almost certainly mean something is very wrong with the adventure.

The only time I've seen a kill beyond the tables was a dragon killed by dropping a big rock on it's head while it slept and that wasn't a combat situation. A wizard carefully carved the rock just above the ceiling of it's cave. (This was done from the outside so there wasn't any scent to give him away.) When the last major support was cut with disintegrate bye-bye dragon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads