What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

maceo

Explorer
That map available on the Edge website is also on pg. 190-191 of the book.

I'm excited to see their adventures but I have a sinking feeling that Crown of Shadow will just be a rewrite of the 3E Midnight adventure of the same name.
I must have flipped through that book 20 times and never saw it and I thought "you know what, when I post something about there being no map in the book, I'm sure there will be one in there!" Thank you! Too funny.

That map available on the Edge website is also on pg. 190-191 of the book.
I'm glad you pointed that out. I just opened the book and started reading last night -- first exposure to the Midnight setting -- and got about five pages in to some great description and said "where's the map?" which was followed by 15 minutes of flipping pages looking for a map which I didn't find. Pages were stuck together ...

So far that's my one disappointment -- needs more maps in the book for the campaign setting part.

R_J_K75

Legend
So far that's my one disappointment -- needs more maps in the book for the campaign setting part.
That is a disappointment. When I ran a short campaign about a year and a half ago, I had the same problem trying to find ,maps. Sticking a continent map in the middle of the book on two pages is totally useless having to keep flipping back and forth while reading text. Not sure exactly the word Im looking for, its not bad design per se but just seems sub par. A poster map would've been nice, some maps in the book for some important entries, etc. It is a shame because I downloaded the pdf and it looks like its a new map from the ones in 3E. Who knows maybe they'll release an atlas book or a map pack, guess one can hope. I'm just frustrated with how with companies will release anything they can digitally that they can without releasing a printed version. Come on for $55 I don't think its out of line to expect a map with the book.

R_J_K75

Legend
Im not reviewing anything in the book simply because I havent read it yet...but I will say its a very nice book as in quality wise. The paper is really thick stock, and the ribbon bookmark is a nice touch. On the face of it, content not included, I think it was worth the $55.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads