What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

GuyBoy

Hero
One of the (many) campaign ideas I toyed with involved a Midnight campaign where, once players reached a certain level fighting against The Shadow, the Tolkien quote about “ older and fouler things than orcs” lurking in the deep places came into play.
So they came into contact with dark powers who themselves opposed Izrador, leaving players with a moral dilemma of whether to work with them or not?
May resurrect this idea when I get the setting.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
One of the (many) campaign ideas I toyed with involved a Midnight campaign where, once players reached a certain level fighting against The Shadow, the Tolkien quote about “ older and fouler things than orcs” lurking in the deep places came into play.
So they came into contact with dark powers who themselves opposed Izrador, leaving players with a moral dilemma of whether to work with them or not?
May resurrect this idea when I get the setting.
It's a good idea. And some of those 'darker things' are hinted at in the 3.5E sourcebooks, as well.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I was roughly the same era...1e...and back then, in 8th/9th/10th grade, I would have happily stayed up all night reading every word of the Midnight supplements. But, as Clint Eastwood says in Unforgiven, "I'm not like that anymore."

I find my imagination is more active looking at abbreviated descriptions, lists of traits, summaries of histories, than it is reading somebody else's long-winded description of the same.
Well, for the most part, I'm still like that. What can I tell you?

Rogerd1

Adventurer
This is also the premise of the World of Farland.

The books are on drivethru, and it is another 5e setting that I recommend.
Been a year since I have read it, and may flick through it and perhaps run a game in the next month or so.

Weiley31

Legend
My copy of Midnight: Legacy of Darkness just came in today via UPS. Did a quick look over and I'll admit, some of the stuff in there I wasn't expecting And, there are a few interesting things that I liked that I'd totally bring over to 5E.

Part of me is contemplating whether or not to do a series of threads/posts where I go over/review it or just do a more of a "Ask me if ya want to know anything" type of deal.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I'm really annoyed that it hasn't made its way through distribution channels to Canada. Was all set to pre-order for three of my players as well, but, there's nothing to pre-order/nowhere to pre-order from... and we aren't interested in paying for shipping and US currency conversion.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
My copy of Midnight: Legacy of Darkness just came in today via UPS. Did a quick look over and I'll admit, some of the stuff in there I wasn't expecting And, there are a few interesting things that I liked that I'd totally bring over to 5E.

Part of me is contemplating whether or not to do a series of threads/posts where I go over/review it or just do a more of a "Ask me if ya want to know anything" type of deal.

I'd dig that.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman

Why not both? :D

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads