What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I find this setting release an utterly refreshing change of pace. They're really subverting expectations here, going against the grain. Disrupting the established order of things!

I can't believe they thought of just printing a book and selling it without a crowdfunding campaign.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Please don't attack me for my really funny joke, I'm a very sensitive boi.

On a serious note, this was one of the few good third party things from the D20 glut that I hoped would make a comeback. I am legitimately looking forward to this.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Midnight is, legitimately, one of the coolest setting concepts of the last 20 years.

All the weight and mythos of a Lord of the Rings style campaign, the easily placed NPC groups of Dragonlance in the form of infighting Legates that give off serious Sith vibes, the darkness of a postmodernist take on high fantasy, the four Night Kings to function as clearly defined targets and foes not unlike Dark Sun's Sorcerer Kings, and a realistic world that it feels -good- to liberate, even if only in small portions and for a brief moment.

Sincerely, the different Legate Orders are amazing for simple world-building through just noting their presence. And with their infighting, your players can create some amazing tricks and traps with and for the Legates.

I wish the movie had lead to a TV Series...

Edge Studios is owned by Asmodee, and this belongs to Embracer Group, the company who a little time ago bought Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix Montreal, and also Dark Horse Media, the publisher of comics Hellboy or Umbrella Academy. This means if they played very well their cards, Edge-Studios could become one of the main 3PPs.

I am wishing the translation of Aventures in Rokugan (5Ed).

Have you listened anything about the relation between Hasbro and Embracer Group/Asmodee?

Edge Studios is owned by Asmodee, and this belongs to Embracer Group, the company who a little time ago bought Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix Montreal, and also Dark Horse Media, the publisher of comics Hellboy or Umbrella Academy. This means if they played very well their cards, Edge-Studios could become one of the main 3PPs.

I am wishing the translation of Aventures in Rokugan (5Ed).

Have you listened anything about the relation between Hasbro and Embracer Group/Asmodee?
Embrace and WotC are connected in some way?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads