What If Sauron Won? Check Out This Trailer For The MIDNIGHT RPG!

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won. This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be...

By Edge Studios, which currently produces the official Star Wars RPGs, this upcoming RPG is based on the 2000s-era campaign setting originally released for D&D 3E. The setting is dark, in a world where an evil god won their war of conquest and where evil dominated. Think what it would be like if Sauron had won.

This iteration of the world will be powered by the D&D 5E rules, and will be appearing on May 27th.

It has been one hundred years since the Shadow fell. A century ago, the forces of darkness swept down from the North. The crushed the free cities of Humanity, drove the Elves back into the depths of the forests, and besieged the Dwarves in their mountain holds. Now the corrupted lieutenants of a dark God rule these broken kingdoms with an iron fist, while hunting down those brave few who still struggle defifiantly against the evil that consumes their world.

I am afraid the next Star Wars RPG will be published by Disney itself, using a variant of 616 system.

I have just seen, and Asmodee works for WotC as delivery. In the past Edge Studio translated the D&D 5th Ed books. Now Hasbro isn't too interested into board game, but licenced titles.

Von Ether

Legend
I am surprised about the lack of Kickstarter, the definitive release date that's only weeks away, an old d20 setting*, this project is darn near a unicorn. Bravo!

*To be bit more fair, I think they announced working on Midnight many moons ago, long enough to forget about it.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Edge also announced they're reprinting the older FFG Star Wars RPGs. Probably means we aren't seeing an EDGE Star Wars TTRPG for a while yet.

I was going to say there is a correction to the OP: Edge hasn't actually produced anything for Star Wars yet, despite having the license for a good while at this point.

R_J_K75

Legend
I am surprised about the lack of Kickstarter, the definitive release date that's only weeks away, an old d20 setting*, this project is darn near a unicorn. Bravo!
Ive grown to loathe how everything is kickstarted nowadays and having to wait a year. Kobold Press should take note. I was thinking of backing their new cities book but decided I dont want to wait a year plus before I get the book.

Cruentus

Adventurer
Count me in as one who kept my Midnight hardback when I got rid of all the other 3.X dnd stuff years ago. I was actually working on a conversion of it, as I thought any update was dead in the water. Happy to see it making a return. Will be interested to see how they make it dark and gritty in the mechanics. I'm sure there will be a lot of material to "borrow" from this one.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads