D&D 5E What if the D&D Core outsells the revised D&D Core?

It's going to die at some point, right? I like that D&D is very popular, but I don't think it's going to last forever.
even if some how the same number of people that have bought the 2014 PHB (remember that is 8 years of sales) buy the 2024 one, what are the odds the GROWTH continues? sooner or later the book hits saturation and it falls off.

But at least we’ll be able to get PDFs of the 5E core three after the new core three come out…right WotC? Right!?
Considering there do not appear to be PDFs of the 3.0 core material on DMG, that's probably not going to happen if OneD&D is at most going to be 5.5e. :(

It seems like basic D&D is the only edition that multiple versions are available in PDF format through legitimate methods.

even if some how the same number of people that have bought the 2014 PHB (remember that is 8 years of sales) buy the 2024 one, what are the odds the GROWTH continues? sooner or later the book hits saturation and it falls off.
Which is probably why they're so focused on cracking the code of getting players to want to buy more stuff. You can still have growth with the same number of customers if you figure out how to sell more things to them.

Oofta

Legend

Even if the number of players drops by half, there will still be more people playing D&D than there were during certain periods of the game. The game has seen many low periods not related to the edition of the game. As long as I can find people to play with, I don't really care. I liked D&D before it was cool, I'll continue to like it if it's passé.

Remove ads