D&D 5E What is Missing from 5E?

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Missing? An official rule for re-skinning spells and class abilities. In particular, I think it would be cool if the Elemental Adept feat (which seems pretty weak to me) would grant the benefits of the old Energy Substitution feat. Everybody bitches that there are so many more fire spells than any other element; it would be nice if you could turn them into cold damage or lightning damage or whatever.

Also, mini-adventures. The #1 product I would buy right now would be a series of of short, high-quality, generic adventures that I can drop in to my homebrew campaign. They could release a new bundle of 2-3 adventures each month, perhaps in magazine format...

Tony Vargas

Legend
I wasn't aware of any promise, but I've never met anybody (other than when I went to Gen Con last year) who played in an AL game. The adventures aren't available to the public.
I didn't think getting a DCI number was that big a step that it made you no longer part of 'the public.' Is anyone ever denied entry into said club?

I feel like you're referring to some big, scandalous thing WotC did or didn't do, that I somehow missed. What's the deal?

the_redbeard

Explorer
All these posts and nobody said a license that 3rd party press could use (not necessarily the OGL but SOMETHING!), PD-freaking-Fs or other means of accessing the rules electronically?

If you're going to shut down fan electronic tools but not provide one of your own you are screwing your customers.

Li Shenron

Legend
Thinking about the OP's question on equipment, I can't say if something is really missing but I certainly wish for more mundane equipment in general: real-world weapons from various cultures with quirks or minor interesting properties, different types of shields and many more armors, alternative materials for both weapons and armors, and various trinkets.

That was my wish already in 3ed, in general I find myself quite at ease with designing custom magic items, but completely lost with mundane items, so I wish there were just more of them...

Remove ads