What is the AC of your 20th level character?

gfunk

First Post
The highest I've ever gone is with my 20th level Sorcerer:

1. Shapechange to Pit Fiend for base AC of 40
2. +5 armor [artifact]
3. +5 natural armor [artifact]
4. +2 Dex [cat's grace]
5. +4 Shield [1st level spell]
6. +1 Haste [3rd level spell]

Total AC = 40+5+5+2+4+1=57

Elric

First Post
My character has AC= 1+ Max(other ACs posted in this thread) ;)

Seriously, I haven't had any characters hit 20th level. A character who I played to 16th level had 34 AC at that level and was probably going to have 38-40 AC at 20th level.

Rystil Arden

First Post
The highest I've seen without any shapechanging to get weird stuff was something like (can't remember exactly):

10 + 12 deflection (equal to Charisma bonus) + 5 enhancement to natural armour + 8 armour (Bracers of Armour, not actual armour) + 4 shield (Shield spell, not an actual shield) + 9 Wisdom bonus + 12 Charisma bonus + 12 Divine Bonus (equal to Charisma bonus) + 8 Int bonus + 8 Dex bonus = 86

This was mostly because Wizards was not careful about giving out bonuses "equal to your Charisma bonus" that were typed differently. Also, she had ridiculous saves. She wasn't so great offensively, but give her a magic item with a good blast effect in it and she can work wonders.

FEADIN

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
The highest I've seen without any shapechanging to get weird stuff was something like (can't remember exactly):

10 + 12 deflection (equal to Charisma bonus) + 5 enhancement to natural armour + 8 armour (Bracers of Armour, not actual armour) + 4 shield (Shield spell, not an actual shield) + 9 Wisdom bonus + 12 Charisma bonus + 12 Divine Bonus (equal to Charisma bonus) + 8 Int bonus + 8 Dex bonus = 86

This was mostly because Wizards was not careful about giving out bonuses "equal to your Charisma bonus" that were typed differently. Also, she had ridiculous saves. She wasn't so great offensively, but give her a magic item with a good blast effect in it and she can work wonders.
I think that it's a god that you describe, not really a 20lvl character :D
My 18 lvl druid reached 61 ac during one round fighting against Ashardalon (Great red Wyrm).
It was 3.0, shapechanged into a Solar...etc...

Rystil Arden

First Post
FEADIN said:
I think that it's a god that you describe, not really a 20lvl character :D
My 18 lvl druid reached 61 ac during one round fighting against Ashardalon (Great red Wyrm).
It was 3.0, shapechanged into a Solar...etc...
Nope, the Divine bonus is from Glory of the Divine, a class feature of Mystic Wanderer.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I'm not playing or running for any level 20 characters right now. However in my experience you can expect most PCs to have ACs around 35 though you can get away with lower ACs with mirror image, invisibility, displacement, blink or stoneskin.

Shadeus

First Post
I have a 8th-level fighter/ 2nd-level paladin/10th-level dwarven defender who's AC is:

+5 mithral full plate (+13)
+3 Dex
+5 Deflection
+5 large shield (+7)
+4 natural armor
+4 Dodge (from DwD)
-----
46 AC

With Dodge and defensive stance, he can get a 51. He was too dumb for Combat Expertise.

Taloras

First Post
my 17th level fighter had a 38. The character im currently playing has a 41....but is the equivalent of at least a 17th level, probably 20+ character(DM does templates wierd) This will increase dramatically as i approach 20 HD......

shilsen

Adventurer
Thanee said:
Miss Chance is your friend. :D

Bye
Thanee
No, no, no! Armor Class is your friend, always there for hanging out and having your back whenever needed. Miss Chance is the late night booty call, who isn't needed or available all the time, but great when she delivers.

Here endeth the lesson ;)

Remove ads