What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I know y'all are talking about joint's fries being bad and all, and imma let you finish, but Burger King fries are the worst fries of all time. Friend of mine says they are like public school lunch fires lol.
BK's fries are a crime against humanity, but that's just to give you more of an excuse to go with their onion rings.
I get onion rings when I go to BK.
See? This guy gets it

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Weird thing about fast food places in my hometown - Verona, WI. When my wife and I moved here, there were no McDonalds. We had a Hardees, an A&W, Subway, and Culver's as far as national fast food chains. Then a McDonalds moved in, followed by several others (we're a growing town) including a Dairy Queen. But the funny thing was as some of those earlier ones closed (A&W, Hardee's, and the Dairy Queen - which had a surprisingly short lifespan), they all became banks, NOT other fast food places. Banks.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Speaking of hot garbage…

Why can’t any of the big chains produce a simple fish sandwich that’s worth a damn? Flavor-wise, that’s NOT rocket science!
I would kill for some good hushpuppies here in yank country. Fast food, fast casual, sit down, fine dining, anything!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Regarding In-N-Out. The problem that a lot of people have with In-N-Out is that because it is relatively limited geographically (if you haven't been out west, you've never been to one), you may have only heard of it as this amazing place. So you go and you have these unrealistic expectations. But INO is not a gourmet burger place; instead, it's ... well, it's a California thing, but the way I think it's best described is that INO is what you'd get if McDonalds had stuck to a core menu and sourced fresh ingredients. It's the platonic ideal of the what the "American Fast Food" experience is. Plus they treat their employees incredibly well, which leads to a good experience, and they are famous for their (not-so-secret) menu, which is basically just "we will do whatever you ask with the limited stuff we have, and we have names for it." But if you're going in there expecting something other than good fast food, you will be disappointed. Also? The fries suck. If you get the fries, make sure to order them "well done" if you want them to be tolerable. Or just get them "animal style."
It us also worth noting thst it is actually cheaper than McDonalds, so this is a spot on analysis.

Except for the fries. Not sure what y'all got against In-N-Out fries, they are actually my favorite fast food fries?

2. Regarding In-N-Out. The problem that a lot of people have with In-N-Out is that because it is relatively limited geographically (if you haven't been out west, you've never been to one), you may have only heard of it as this amazing place. So you go and you have these unrealistic expectations. But INO is not a gourmet burger place; instead, it's ... well, it's a California thing, but the way I think it's best described is that INO is what you'd get if McDonalds had stuck to a core menu and sourced fresh ingredients. It's the platonic ideal of the what the "American Fast Food" experience is. Plus they treat their employees incredibly well, which leads to a good experience, and they are famous for their (not-so-secret) menu, which is basically just "we will do whatever you ask with the limited stuff we have, and we have names for it." But if you're going in there expecting something other than good fast food, you will be disappointed. Also? The fries suck. If you get the fries, make sure to order them "well done" if you want them to be tolerable. Or just get them "animal style."
Yeah, I got a chance to eat there on a trip to San Francisco. It was good, but disappointing, because the way the local Cali transplants talked about it I was expecting some kind of gastronomic orgasm.

In-N-Out is building a second corporate HQ just outside Nashville, so I should be able to go there locally soon.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
In defense of McDonald's food....

I lied. Their food is indefensible.

However, their coffee is okay. I mean, it isn't great, but it's better than most.

Greg K

Legend
I remember going to a decent place called Pollo Loco back in the 80s. No clue as to if they’re the same chain as EL Pollo Loco. I remember they had good soft chicken tacos- at least as good as the ones at TCs.

But I haven’t seen PL or EPL in years.
I think Pollo Loco is different. Not long ago, I saw a news segment on a Pollo Loco in Los Angeles. I think there may be various unrelated Pollo Loco's much like we have a small local chain called Burrito Factory (which is really good) and another state has an unrelated Burrito Factory.

Remove ads