• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best Schtick you've ever...

Someone mentioned the necklace from Your Highness. One of our players suggested taking a trophy from a giant we had killed so next thing you know I've done some cutting so I can make a soup. One of my favorite memories of this game so far is offering Obenar some giant testicle soup and my wife saying how she and the rest of the group are standing behind him waving their hands and shaking their heads no.

Yeah I mentioned that particular instance from that movie. Your testicle soup was awesome! If I was playing I would have probably spit up whatever I was drinking through my nose when you said that.

Got a new schtick for my current Dwarven Cleric character. I found this spell: Enhance Water - Pathfinder_OGC so now my character "recycles" his own water and drinks it over again. He thinks it adds to the taste of the brew, the dirtier the water the better the brew!

Everyone at the table's eyes got really wide when I first took my wahoo out and proceeded to refill my ale jug, then cast the spell, and drink proceeded to down the contents...

SSquirrel

Explorer
Got a new schtick for my current Dwarven Cleric character. I found this spell: Enhance Water - Pathfinder_OGC so now my character "recycles" his own water and drinks it over again. He thinks it adds to the taste of the brew, the dirtier the water the better the brew!

Everyone at the table's eyes got really wide when I first took my wahoo out and proceeded to refill my ale jug, then cast the spell, and drink proceeded to down the contents...

Well it kinda makes sense. Think about those soup carts that have been in continuous use for 50 years. Same pot o soup, just keeps getting ingredients added.

Mallus

Legend
My group, we like the shticks, and had no shortage of them in our old 4e campaign...

NPC shtick: picking "mouth flowers". Mouth flowers are teeth pried from the jaws of dead enemies. It's a goblin custom, apparently. As is the "mouth flower girl" at goblin weddings.

Houserule shtick: rolling the Kinsey Die. The Kinsey Die is a d8-1, yielding the subjects rating on the Kinsey Scale (0 being completely heterosexual, 6 being completely homosexual, 7 being asexual/neuter). Used for NPCs, and PCs at the player's discretion.

Put together, they help explain the antics of Pogsley, the gay goblin henchmen of the party's Communist revolutionary dwarf, who was always presenting mouth flowers to his master after battles as tokens of his affection (Pogsley did this long before we rolled the Kinsey Die, but after we did, it all made sense! Well, in manner things make sense in our games).

khantroll

Explorer
IRL, I have a bad habit of saying "I've seen this movie" followed by a description of the film when I see/experience something that (often sarcastically) reminds me of a film or tv show.

When our currently epic level campaign started, the dice were not kind to me, and I wound up with a very basic dwarven fighter, with poor dex and high int. This similarity to myself (short, wide, bad dex due to bad leg, intelligent) made me decide to incorporate exaggerated aspects of myself into the character. Hence, his catch phrase: "I've seen this play+" description of the play. He also had ranks in perform and knowledge: literature.

Other commonly used phrases/tactics at my table:

When you have nothing you can really do to something: "I kick him in the ding-ding!"

Any AoE: "Spray and Pray"

These last two might not seem like shticks per se, but they are often played up to hilt, like pressurizing water and turning it into holy water to be used on vampires in order to literally "Spray and Pray", or using lubricants + tumble to slide between an opponents leg and "kick him in the ding-ding!".

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever

"This spell transforms water into an alcoholic beverage, typically ale, beer, mead, or wine..... This spell does not work on unholy water, potions, or other liquids with magical power."

What emerges from the dwarf's wahoo isn't actually water, so the spell doesn't affect it. You've been drinking your own urine!
winkgun.gif

"This spell transforms water into an alcoholic beverage, typically ale, beer, mead, or wine..... This spell does not work on unholy water, potions, or other liquids with magical power."

What emerges from the dwarf's wahoo isn't actually water, so the spell doesn't affect it. You've been drinking your own urine!
winkgun.gif
Wrong.

Chemical makeup of urine is: Exhaustive detailed description of the composition of human urine can be found in NASA Contractor Report No. NASA CR-1802, D. F. Putnam, July 1971[3]. That report provided detailed chemical analyses for inorganic and organic constituents, methods of analysis, chemical and physical properties and its behavior during concentrative processes such as evaporation, distillation and other physiochemical operations. Urine is an aqueous solution of greater than 95% water, with the remaining constituents, in order of decreasing concentration urea 9.3 g/L, chloride 1.87 g/L, sodium 1.17 g/L, potassium 0.750 g/L, creatinine 0.670 g/L and other dissolved ions, inorganic and organic compounds.

So if you read the spell anything that contains or is mostly water would be changed, especially something that is 95% water. Have you ever seen that horrible movie Waterworld? Kevin Costner recycles his own urine using a special filtration system to do so. My dwarf is just using magical means to filter the water and make it an alcoholic beverage. The dirtier the water the better the brew is what he thinks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads