• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what is the ECL

Venport

First Post
me too... it's more fun to play differnt kinds of races and with the HD (however i do undertand why they are there) makes some things near impossable to play

Infiniti2000

First Post
All IMO as a House Rule Alternative

Nail said:
Mmmm.

Actually, what I'd like to see is more monter races with 1 HD and +x LA. Strip away the racial hit dice......

......wandering off into house rules...... :)
Well, quite honestly I think the ECL rule should be changed to CR+LA+class levels. The HD would be included in the CR (obviously) and would be more appropriate. Monster HD != class levels. The LA could in fact be variable, so you'd have the advancement line include the racial HD advancement, and LA could be higher for it (which would admittedly be rare, used only for creatures whose abilities significantly increase, or they gain new abilities such as with some templates).

Venport

First Post
Nail said:
Heavenly Deflection is like the Defect Arrows feat.

it's not just defect arrows it is defect arrows and spells... she can roll a DC 20+spell level refx save to defect a spell... if it were only defect arrows it would be dumb

Yig

First Post
Nail said:
Let's do a full conversion, using the MM 3.5e general angel entry, as well as the FF. So for "Movanic Devas as Characters", we have:

• +6 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +8 Chr
  • Medium size.
  • Spd: 40ft, fly 90ft(good)
  • 6 Outsider Racial Hit Dice
  • Darkvision and low-light vision
  • +8 natural armor bonus
  • DR 10/evil
  • Resist fire 10
  • Immunity to acid, cold, and petrification
  • +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.
  • SR 19
  • Spell-like abilities (CL 9)
  • Protective Aura
  • Heavenly Deflection
  • some other minor (Su) abilities

With stats like that, it would make a pretty good warmage :)

I agreee that as a fighter it would be a bit weak.

Well, it would be weak against nearly any other no-LA class of the same level.

Venport

First Post
just had it's first sesstion with her as a PC.. and the Defection ability is the best.... the Player gave her lightning relfexes in order to up the defection and flyby attack... she dose not do allt hat much DMG but it's hard to hit her

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads