• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what is the ECL

Venport

First Post
i looked there an unless i looked in the wrong spot i saw that it only updated DR for FF is someone looks and see somthing i misssed please let me know

Thanee

First Post
Venport said:
So if it is a movanic deva fighter 6 and we are playing with 19th level PC do you think it is equal? i think she need +2-3 level of fighter to be with the party? what dose everyone else think?

+2-3 sounds about right.

If you go with my estimate of LA +6, you have an ECL of 18th, that's +1 level, then figure in the LA buy-off from UA, which is quite reasonable to allow, and you probably get another 1-2 levels, depending on how you look at it.

Bye
Thanee

Nail

First Post
Venport said:
So if it is a movanic deva fighter 6 and we are playing with 19th level PC do you think it is equal? i think she need +2-3 level of fighter to be with the party? what dose everyone else think?

Let's do a full conversion, using the MM 3.5e general angel entry, as well as the FF. So for "Movanic Devas as Characters", we have:
  • +6 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Int, +6 Wis, +8 Chr
  • Medium size.
  • Spd: 40ft, fly 90ft(good)
  • 6 Outsider Racial Hit Dice
  • Darkvision and low-light vision
  • +8 natural armor bonus
  • DR 10/evil
  • Resist fire 10
  • Immunity to acid, cold, and petrification
  • +4 racial bonus on saves against poison.
  • SR 19
  • Spell-like abilities (CL 9)
  • Protective Aura
  • Heavenly Deflection
  • some other minor (Su) abilities

Did I miss anything?

With the long list of (Sp) abilities, I'd be tempted to call it LA +7, for an ECL of 13. It's more powerful than a Bralani.

However, putting Ftr levels on top of this.....isn't an optimal build. This sort of race would make a decent "second tier" fighter ( a bit like a cleric), but would be lousy up front. A Movanic Deva Ftr 6 adds up to ECL 19....but I wouldn't place bets on how long he'd make it. :]

Nail

First Post
Mmmm.

Actually, what I'd like to see is more monter races with 1 HD and +x LA. Strip away the racial hit dice......

......wandering off into house rules...... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads