• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

what is the ECL

Venport

First Post
i have a player that is going to play a movanic Deva from the feind fiilo we are a high level group (19th level party)... i know that formual is HD+LA=ECL but i don't have LA i have HD it has 6 HD... can anyone help

Thanee

First Post
They have LA -

They are not suitable as a player character race.

If you wanted to assign them a Level Adjustment, anyways, I'd try with +6 or so.

Bye
Thanee

Venport

First Post
that is weird i'm running Shackled city by paizo and it recomends letting a player use this NPC... is a movanic deva fighter 6... looks underpowered for a 19th level PC...

Thanee

First Post
Venport said:
that is weird i'm running Shackled city by paizo and it recomends letting a player use this NPC... is a movanic deva fighter 6... looks underpowered for a 19th level PC...

Yeah, creatures with high LA usually are. But some of the SLAs are pretty neat... and at will.

For comparison, the Astral Deva has a LA of +8, the Bralani Eladrin has a LA of +5.

Bye
Thanee

Nail

First Post
....I remember thinking as I typed it up: "I'm glad I didn't confuse it with that other FF deva...." (Sigh)

Movanic Deva
Med Outsider
6d8 HD
Spd: 40ft, fly 90ft(good)
AC: 22 (+4 dex, +8 Nat)
Full Attack: +1 flaming greatsword +11/+6 (2d6+5 plus 1d6 fire)
SA: spell-like abilities
SQ: DR 10/magic, divine equilibrium, resist fire 20, heavenly deflection, immunities, protective aura, soothing presence of nature, SR 19
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +10
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 17, Wis 16, Cha 18
...etc....
CR 9

The (Sp) list is large enough to matter. The really powerful choices are: At will: death ward and polymorph; 3/day: ethereal jaunt and plane shift; 1/day: raise dead. Wow! (CL 9th)

Divine Equilibrium is no big deal.

Heavenly Deflection is like the Defect Arrows feat.

Protective Aura, remember, is a continuous Minor Globe of Invulnerability, as well as a double strength Magic Circle/Evil.

Last edited:

Venport

First Post
So if it is a movanic deva fighter 6 and we are playing with 19th level PC do you think it is equal? i think she need +2-3 level of fighter to be with the party? what dose everyone else think?

IcyCool

First Post
Thanee said:
They have LA -

They are not suitable as a player character race.

If you wanted to assign them a Level Adjustment, anyways, I'd try with +6 or so.

Bye
Thanee

Wasn't the Fiend Folio updated in the 3.5 update booklet? I recall that added LA for all manner of critters in the older books.

Remove ads