D&D 5E What is the opposite of a Modron?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Slaadi don't seem chaotic enough to me, with their pattern of colors and formula of reproduction etc..
Something more akin to Wild Magic or that scrambles race/alignment seems more appropriate.
Slaadi are a pretty massive flavor fail in a lot of ways. Allegedly embodiments of chaotic neutral, and yet they are ruthless xenocidal creatures with clearly defined color patterns. Also, why are they frogs? I can think of no reason other than “lolsorandom” which is really not my idea of cosmic chaos at all.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Sometimes I think chaos and Chaos is a false equivalency. ;)

I mean, we talk about a system being chaotic or ordered - not chaotic or lawful. In the context of alignment, Lawful doesn't really mean law-abiding, and Chaotic doesn't really mean a system lacking order.
If I were of a mind to map the alignments to tangible cosmic forces, I’d suggest equating Evil with entropy (and by extension Good with order), and Law with complexity (and by extention Chaos with simplicity).

Olrox17

Hero
Obviously, the opposite of a bunch of dice that seek to impose order is a bunch of cards that seek to destroy it.

Which means the opposite of a Modron is The Deck of Many Things.
At first, I read your sentence as “the opposite of a bunch of dice that seek to impose order is a bunch of CATS that seek to destroy it”.

I now choose to believe that is the truth. It’s cats.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases