D&D 5E What Is The Proper Order Of Attributes For D&D Next?

Order of Attributes?

• Strength, Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity, Constitution, Charisma

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma

Votes: 66 47.8%
  • Strength, Constituton, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • Blasphemous Other Option (Elaborate or Perish)

Votes: 10 7.2%

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I just want Charisma changed to 'Presence' so that I can use just the initial letters to tell them apart, instead of using two or three like I do now with Constitution and Charisma.

I like STR-CON-DEX-INT-WIS-CHA because str and con are more related than str and dex, but could be alphabetical or anything, makes litle diference.

I still write them down S-I-W-D-Co-Ch when I'm rolling, to this day.

There is some logic behind this order? I know that it is from 1e, but I wolud like to know why it is this way.

IanB

First Post
I like STR-CON-DEX-INT-WIS-CHA because str and con are more related than str and dex, but could be alphabetical or anything, makes litle diference.

There is some logic behind this order? I know that it is from 1e, but I wolud like to know why it is this way.

There's no particular logic to it, other than "this is how it was listed in the book."

I'm not of the opinion that it is something that needs to be particularly logical, though I'm also not of the opinion that I'll be upset regardless of what they pick. I'm sure I'll keep writing it in the same order regardless. ;)

Deadboy

First Post
I prefer SCDIWC.

It's the one with the best logic to it. SIWDCC was practically random, and SDCIWC at least divides them up physical/mental, but putting Strength and Constitution together makes a bit more sense and allows easy reference for figuring out Defenses. Its the one that makes the most sense, using any of the others is just appealing to nostalgia for nostalgia's sake.

the Jester

Legend
Str
Int
Wis
Dex
Con
Cha

Why? Because if you go upward starting with the W in Wis and work your way over to the S in Wis, you will get Wis, Int and Str again!

Number48

First Post
You guys didn't hear? There aren't going to be the six stats anymore. D&D is moving to a singular stat. It's the Monostat system.

Remove ads