what is the rarest class race combo?

Crothian

First Post
With all this talk of classes and races, what core class core race combo do you feel is the least used as a PC and as an NPC? What is the most rare in the campaign world?

With any class and race combo possible, which ones are still just never used?

Foir me it is the Half Orc Wizard. I don't recall ever seeing one played on as an NPC in any of the games I have polayed in.

Glyfair

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
You would think Dwarf bards, but I used one as a reacurring villian ...

That's true. I've heard of a couple of dwarf bards. On the other hand, I've never heard of a half-orc bard (which eats up both of a bard's strengths).

Capellan

Explorer
DragonTurtle said:
Gnomish Barbarian, never seen one

Me either, which is odd really since gnomish barbarian makes more sense statistically (CON bonus = longer rages) than halfling barbarian, and I have seen the latter.

DragonTurtle said:
I've never heard of a half-orc bard (which eats up both of a bard's strengths).

I've seen this. Admittedly from a player who delights in doing goofy things, but I've seen it.

Zelgadas

First Post
Glyfair said:
That's true. I've heard of a couple of dwarf bards. On the other hand, I've never heard of a half-orc bard (which eats up both of a bard's strengths).

Had a half-orc bard in the last one-shot I DM'd. It was an Eberron game, and he was a House Tharashk inquisitive, dragonmarked and all. Really good character, too. His Strength was a little higher than a typical bard's, and his highest scores (an 18 and a 16; the rolls were pretty lucky) were put in Charisma and Intelligence, respectively, so he didn't suffer too much for that. He was a darned effective character, all things considered.

Now, if we're talking about races from various sources, a warforged sorcerer would be a rare combo for my money. -2 Charisma penalty, and a built-in arcane spell failure chance on top of that. Far from optimal.

Doug McCrae

Legend
We had a warforged cleric in our last campaign. He was probably the most powerful PC due to clerics being nails. Paradoxically of course he was better at healing everyone else than he was at healing himself.

Remove ads