What is the single best science fiction or fantasy franchise?

I still think The Clone Wars is by and large one of the best things ever made,
Especially since the version of Anakin in the Clone Wars was so much better than his movie counterpart IMO. I also think Rebels was also one of the better Star Wars series because it focused on what happened between Episodes 3 and 4. Plus it had Zeb. ;)

Zardnaar

Legend
I still think The Clone Wars is by and large one of the best things ever made, and I was deeply disappointed that Obi Wan did not get a much larger budget because I thought the story, the character, and the actor deserved it.

I have not been able to bring myself to watch either the most recent season of Mandalorian, or the Ahsoka series. There are moments of greatness in the Star Wars TV stuff, but it is often surrounded by real dross.

Recent season of Mando average Ahsoka been really goid ymmv of course.

Book of Boba Fett was the worst show and it was that bad compared to say S1 Voyager and I watched Rings of Power and Willow.

When I say vad I mean Voyager first few episodes (I quit), Willow or RoS/AotC type bad or really dull (Stat Trek I&5).

Zardnaar

Legend
Especially since the version of Anakin in the Clone Wars was so much better than his movie counterpart IMO. I also think Rebels was also one of the better Star Wars series because it focused on what happened between Episodes 3 and 4. Plus it had Zeb. ;)

Rebels was really good, Clone Wars hit better heights but season one and half of 2 wasn't good, Rebels was a lot better S1 imho of course.

I'm more about consistency. Eg Stargate Atlantis I thought was really good due to that while SG1 could be a bit over the place eg S1,9,10.

Main reason I rated DS9 over TNG. Let's say TNG is 10/10 if you count the good stuff but 2 seasons are mostly bleah that brings it down a lot when you have 7 season and half of what's left is good with a lot of average.

B5 doesn't have that problem by comparison along with multiple other Sci fi shows. And TNG is the good Trek.

Trek has 3 good movies in first ten, Star Wars has 5 good out of 11 theatrical live action and 4 meh ones.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Recent season of Mando average Ahsoka been really goid ymmv of course.

Book of Boba Fett was the worst show and it was that bad compared to say S1 Voyager and I watched Rings of Power and Willow.

When I say vad I mean Voyager first few episodes (I quit), Willow or RoS/AotC type bad or really dull (Stat Trek I&5).
I allowed myself to enjoy RoP as if it were not a ME show and it got better for me. ;)

Dioltach

Legend
It's all moot: Star Wars has "Andor", and therefore wins.

That aside, you're never going to convince each other of your point of view. Just agree to disagree while things are still civil.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's all moot: Star Wars has "Andor", and therefore wins.

That aside, you're never going to convince each other of your point of view. Just agree to disagree while things are still civil.

Thought we were being polite. You mispelt Ahsoka wrong though;).

Andor was really good but first three episodes were slow, Ahsoka was good right out the gate.

Depending how it finishes looking at a new number 1 for me.

aco175

Legend
I find as I have gotten older I have changed from being more Star Wars to Star Trek. My childhood was filled with Star Wars and wonder, being a jawa for Halloween or running through the woods with a broom handle for a light sabre. My father even built a life-sized death star, (OK, maybe not that big but when you are 6 it seemed huge).

Somewhere between growing up and the prequel movies being all Ja-Ja or the last three movies being just rehashes of the original but even more over the top, I found my childhood taken. The Trek movies from my childhood started rather bad with the first 15 minutes of the first film showing off how cool the model of a ship is and the concept of V-Ger. At least Khan was cool to a kid with the ear worm and stuff. Space travel to save the whales was silly but that is my wife's favorite one. The reboot with Spock changing time and young Kirk again seems more fun and entertaining to me as an adult.

Remove ads