D&D General what is the worst race in dnd?

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
The saddest part was this was an opportunity to make a Kalashar core, thus adding an interesting Human to the core game.
the thing I hate most about kalashar is that they keep trying for the psionic human subspecies that just does not work in dnd and most fiction as elves are already master race making them a type of specially bred human would just make it worse for everyone in one go.

Vaalingrade

Legend
the thing I hate most about kalashar is that they keep trying for the psionic human subspecies that just does not work in dnd and most fiction as elves are already master race making them a type of specially bred human would just make it worse for everyone in one go.
Specially bred by elves then?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
The saddest part was this was an opportunity to make a Kalashar core, thus adding an interesting Human to the core game.
I would not call Kalashtar interesting, and this is coming from someone who's favourite RP character on Twitch at the moment is a Kalashtar. They're the boring option of the Ebberon 4. Not bad by any means, just, don't really have much to 'em. And this is even when I have spent countless Twitch points on 'make vague Quori noises/emotions to impact the current RP'

Shardminds got an always good concept to 'em (Crystal folks who can split and merge together)

I remember ignoring Bladelings and dismissing them as a stupid imp thing rather than a race…
Bladelings been around since 2E IIRC, just back then they were "Weird planer folks". I love 4E's lore for them as "Loyal living weapons who a certain war god later discarded once he got his hand on hobgoblins to use as a new army"

Vaalingrade

Legend
I would not call Kalashtar interesting, and this is coming from someone who's favourite RP character on Twitch at the moment is a Kalashtar. They're the boring option of the Ebberon 4. Not bad by any means, just, don't really have much to 'em. And this is even when I have spent countless Twitch points on 'make vague Quori noises/emotions to impact the current RP'
I'm saying compared to D&D 'We are all Vin Diesel on meth' always action hero humans.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Drow, for attracting all the edgelords.
Tieflings fill that niche now.

That said, I'll personally vote for dragonborn. Not the 3.5e version, which had a very specific explanation for what they were and where they came from, but the more generic 4E and 5E versions. They don't seem to have anything going for them beyond some sort of aesthetic about being "dragon people," which unto itself I've never seen the appeal of.

Remove ads