D&D General What is your favorite Class?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
In my experience if you want a good multiattack the class to take is monk. Two attacks at level 1 and three at level 5!
I have a deep and abiding fondness for monks, even they aren't the most optimizable class out there. A lot of that fondness stems from one my first real campaigns (many, many years ago)_ where a buddy, who was playing a monk, one-shotted an Owl Bear with the most righteous headbutt the world has ever seen.

Rhenny

Adventurer
My all time favorite is wizard. I love utility and playing an intelligent character. I actually like the game within a game, conserving spell power for when it is needed most, and picking which spells to prepare for each day’s events. I also love finding and collecting new spells for my spell book. I think this class just fits my personality and style best.

Rogue is a close second because they also have a lot of out of combat utility and love evasion and sneak attacking.

twincast

Explorer
My two top favorite archetypes are arcane nimmer and divine fighter, which primarily translate to Arcane Trickster and Paladin, both 3.x and 5.x, although it really doesn't have to be these exact classes (e.g. Bard and Rage Prophet are nice, too, and may work better thematically at times, which is really what I care about, not minmaxing).

In 5e it's the warlock. Actual customisation with the invocations. And the pacts basically give a second subclass. You can make warlocks in so many ways and it's amazing.

Ever, it's the 4e swordmage. Perfect blending of arcane/elemental magic and martial ability. Blinking round the battlefield with your sword blazing with fire, frozen with ice, or crackling with lightning. 5e has yet to offer anything even remotely close to this experience, and I suspect it never will.

Remove ads