• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your martial weapon of choice?

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Armor spikes. Definitely the armor spikes. :D

They may not have the best crit ability or damage amount, but they sure are fun. Especially when dual-wielding armor spikes and shield spikes.

hong

WotC's bitch
RogueJK said:
Armor spikes. Definitely the armor spikes. :D

They may not have the best crit ability or damage amount, but they sure are fun. Especially when dual-wielding armor spikes and shield spikes.

Or better yet, a greatsword plus armour spike as an off-hand attack (shoulder bash)?

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Yeah, but that's still a questionable use. It's up to the individual DM whether or not they allow that. Most, I've found, don't.

zorlag

First Post
zorlag

I prefer polearms, mainly guisarme since it lets me trip from range and avoid getting tripped even without improved trip feat. Ranseur has +2 disarm bonus but can't be used for trip so guisarme is more fun for me. I play with fighter/thief, going to duelist/thief-acrobat once I hit required ranks for my gymnastic skills and BAB.

Z.

S'mon

Legend
Bastard sword wielded one-handed, although that's technically Exotic. Good enough for the NPC Fighter in the DMG, good enough for me. :)

Second choice would be Greatsword, maybe longsword third. Ironically greatsword is better for paladins as they don't get weapon spec, and for lower-STR fighters likewise, as it does decent damage without needing STR mods. Longsword without STR bonuses really sucks.

(I generally don't allow or use most spikey munchkin stuff like the chain weapon. If I did allow it as GM I'd definitely rule self-inflicted wounds on a fumble.)

Darklone

uh oh...

Since my chars usually walk around with scimitar, handaxe, greatsword/bastard sword/greataxe and bow on the back ... sometimes carrying a spear... (no he's NOT a fightertype!) as well as several throwing axes and daggers...

No idea. But I'd go with bastard sword.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Depending on the type of carnage I wish to engage in, either the Falchion or the warhammer. And I'd probably lean towards the falchion more often than not.

Second and third runners up would be the heavy pick and heavy flail.

Garmorn

Explorer
Since most of my characters are wizards (I seem to be the only one in my group that likes running them.), the quaterstaff is my favorite. Now that I get a chance to play a miliatant druid I am going with the Quaterstaff used with two weapons. But I think his favorite weapon is going to be wolf. They are geat, he does not have to worry about getting hit when he uses it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads