TSR What is your physical old school module/adventure filing system?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'm going to give every OCD person here fits. I just group them by editions in no particular order. And heck, they're mixed in with all the books which are also in no particular order.
There is something about an unorganized collection that makes it more fun to browse. I love digging through a stack of books or looking over books I've put on shelves in a "eh, it fits" (or because of the various sizes of the books, just looks better) order and re-discovery things. Most of the things I need for quick reference are digital. Physical materials are not sort for convenience on my selves.

MNblockhead

I never had a crazy amount of 1e/2e stuff, but it didn't follow me around the world, hence rebuilding now.

I think I miss the solid lead miniatures the most.
I've thought of buying some of the old 1e books, but I don't want to play 1e and having someone elses used book isn't the same thing. I'm at the age where indulging in nolstalgia is a pastetime and I really enjoy the small number of things I did keep. I only have one dog-chewn d10 from my first D&D boxed set (light blue one, where you had to fill in the numbers with the provided white crayon). I treasure it. It would be nice to have some of the old, falling apart modules (because staples were removed to take the cover off for more convenient referencing of the maps).

I've moved so many times in my life that I keep things simple and try to avoid hoarding stuff. No real regrets about getting rid of stuff, but I treasure the few things I have held on to.

MNblockhead

My brother once traded his entire 40K Harlequin army for a single Sisters of Mercy t-shirt.

Ouch! I played a lot of Warhammer 40,000 when I was in high school (all Orks). That's a lot of cash sunk into those minis for a shirt. Did he paint them all? I gave all mine to a friend when I went on to college. So I didn't even get a shirt. But at least someone got to enjoy them rather than them sitting in a box for years.

MNblockhead

Depending on brand and year...may be a decent trade if you weren't using it (the D&D stuff)...

Could also be worst trade ever...
Pouring salt on the wounds.

:)

But at least the folks I traded them to sold them the same year at Gen Con, so I'm sure they have their own regrets. I had a copy of Deities and Demigods with the IP-infringing material (Cthulu, etc.)

teitan

Legend
I just buy OAR now. MY wife got me the TOEE reprint and it is a thing of beauty. All that Kovacs art in the 5e update and the new maps. So beautiful, so lovely. Now I want the rest. Just wish the maps for the 5e revision were in pdf.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
All my modules are together, regardless of edition (ha! let's be serious, I hardly have any past 2E) and organized by code, so A1, A2, A4, B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, etc. . . I like this system EXCEPT that it means that D1-3 comes before G1-3 (when narratively it goes after).

Some in the pic below are POD versions of old modules from Drive Thru RPG

271491730_651160822693584_6060002071202729381_n.jpg

It's been ages, but I want to say they were 75-100% painted, yeah. All I can say in his defense is that at that age, our brains are still developing and our decision-making skills aren't done cooking, no matter how grown-up we think we are at the time.

I am very glad I was content to let my gaming stuff just sit at our parents' house until undergrad was over, I came out of my mostly deep-freeze, and I had a place to put it.

Ouch! I played a lot of Warhammer 40,000 when I was in high school (all Orks). That's a lot of cash sunk into those minis for a shirt. Did he paint them all? I gave all mine to a friend when I went on to college. So I didn't even get a shirt. But at least someone got to enjoy them rather than them sitting in a box for years.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases